Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on my mind when i woke up this morning

• 15-02-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Thinking of voting for Deasy and Coffey..have either a chance of getting near a cabinet position?

Where could i get a tractor lawnmower in Waterford / surrounding area?

Whats the likely outcome of eating cooked ham slices 3 days pass there use by date?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Question 1: don't have a clue

Question 2: B&Q

Question 3: possibly an earlier appointment with the toilet than previously expected!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Q1 Paudie seeing as John doesn't get on with Enda. Maybe a Junior Minister position first for Paudie. Hard to tell, Enda was asked this by the News & Star and he basically said he would review after election. But in earlier interviews, he seemed to give better hopes for Paudie.

Q2 B&Q, Woodies, Morrises etc.

Q3 Never tried. Not very much tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

John Deasy has a better chance of a ministerial post, due to the fact that (if elected) this will be his third Dail term.

If a second seat is delivered in Waterford, then that will have to be recognised in some way. Deasy, as the "senior man", will be in pole position to get a junior ministry at least.

However, Paudie Coffey will not be made a junior minister on his first day in the Dail!!

Think about it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

However, Paudie Coffey will not be made a junior minister on his first day in the Dail!!

Think about it!!!!

I have thought about it!!!

And these are my conclusions:

- Enda doesn't look too kindly on Deasy, so I don't see him getting any sort of position, senior man or not.
    - Paudie Coffey comes across as a guy of some ability, and remember that for an awful lot of FG TDs, it will be their first day in the Dáil.
    - If FG end up in coalition with Labour, then OK, there won't be many junior posts for new TDs. However, if they gain an overall majority (or else govern along with the Greens or a couple of independents, such as Shane Ross), then I think it's a certainty that at least one position will go to someone who's just been elected.

Of course that position could go to someone like Peter Mathews...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

fricatus wrote: »
    I have thought about it!!!

And these are my conclusions:

- Enda doesn't look too kindly on Deasy, so I don't see him getting any sort of position, senior man or not.
    - Paudie Coffey comes across as a guy of some ability, and remember that for an awful lot of FG TDs, it will be their first day in the Dáil.
    - If FG end up in coalition with Labour, then OK, there won't be many junior posts for new TDs. However, if they gain an overall majority (or else govern along with the Greens or a couple of independents, such as Shane Ross), then I think it's a certainty that at least one position will go to someone who's just been elected.

Of course that position could go to someone like Peter Mathews...

1--what about the other senators, who are expecting to be elected??
    2--Deasy gets a big vote, he cant be ignored!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I really doubt Kenny would put one of his most outspoken critics on the front benches. Who knows. Main thing is we need to get two FG TDs in Waterford and increase our voice in the next government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I don't think Deasy has a hope of getting into any ministry with Kenny at the helm. But if there were two Waterford TDs, he'd have to recognise it in some way. I was always thinking that he'd line Coffey up for a junior ministry in his first re-shuffle but he might be forced into putting him in straight away or biting the bullet and giving Deasy a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

FG yocks

Advertisement