Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Michael Martin apology-Chinese accent

• 15-02-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So here we go,another having to apologise over an extremely harmless comment which has now been twisted into being a racist comment!

What is wrong with Irish Society?,have our people,and our media lost all remaining sense of humour they may have once had?.

If this is what modern Ireland is going to be like I am not sure to many will want to be part of it,why must our people have to answer for having a sense of humour?,it is a good job some people don't go to comedy gigs/stand ups,half of our best comedians would be done for racism.

I agree that Yes we should respect every race of people,I absolutely agree with that,however us Irish have been joked about in all 4 corners of the globe & yet we are used to it and most of the time we don't blink an eye to it!,however if we hear an Irish person make a tiny,harmless remark it is then twisted into to been a racist comment!?

I believe that if you go to a country to work that you should not only know how to speak their language,but also know what to expect culture wise & learn how to have a laugh,the same goes for us Irish!;):p

Michael Martin has done nothing wrong and need not apologise,I am however sorry for the people complaining.

What do you guy's think,should he have to apologise?

Another thing is Chinese should be a Leaving cert subject,China has one of the worlds fastest growing economies and having their language could be of benefit.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement