Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like somebody got Frank again last night

Options
  • 15-02-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Frank insisted on replacing the rather large poster outside out the corrrib great southern again only to has someone attack it all over again!!

money well spent franky

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

More details,
    Was it inside the railings of the property?
    What do you mean by 'attack'?
    Is it a poster or a big wooden board?
    How high are the words 'fianna fáil' on it - to the mearest milimetre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

snubbleste wrote: »
    More details,
    Was it inside the railings of the property?
    What do you mean by 'attack'?
    Is it a poster or a big wooden board?
    How high are the words 'fianna fáil' on it - to the mearest milimetre?

it's a massive wooden board setup outside the railings on the Dublin road side and what I meant was someone removed franks offending face from one corner and ripped off the bottom part with the fianna fail logo part too.

as for the letters measurements I didn't get to study the thing with that much detail as I was in a hurry home so didn't wait around.

let's hope Frank has the sense to not try put his name to the bypass that never came again!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bildo

Good, keep up the good work anonymous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Messing with legally erected election posters are not on, and condoning it isn't on either - official boards policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Same thing happened with a large 'Frank Fahey for Bypass' poster at the roundabout by the slip road to get onto the motorway at Oranmore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

biko wrote: »
    Messing with legally erected election posters are not on, and condoning it isn't on either - official boards policy.
    Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Seen a few lads with a bunch of Hildeguard Naughton (sp?) posters walking past the college about 1am Monday night. Next thing the guards pull up beside them; three of them dropped the posters on the spot and legged it through the college, while a fourth pedaled like hell on a child's bike (clearly stolen) with a traffic cone on the rear down past the quad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Someone pinned some cheese easy singles on some of his posters out my way....

Pathetic
    Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

bildo wrote: »
    Good, keep up the good work anonymous :)

Wouldn't dream of condoning that type of activity but I hope the person responsible is given a large reward for their service to this country.

PS Derek Nolans signs are obscuring the view of traffic on the approach to the oranmore roundabout. If your up there superman please do something!

• Advertisement

For a second there I thought you had quoted me twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

The neck on Fahy he bumped into my uncle yesterday both know eachother and the first thing out of fahys questionable mouth were "ya will get me 30 number 1 votes for me won`t ya".
    He then began to spout on about what he will do for Galway and why we need a strong fianna fail presence representing the people and how they would transform the country to its former glory days during berties reign.
    Sad thing is he said Fahy was like a clown and full of beans with dillusional ideas,he then said if ya need anything just call into me.
    My uncle replied thats not how I operate and thats what ruined this country Fahy just shouted remember me on ballot day.
    The man is a twat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

beagle001 wrote: »
    The neck on Fahy he bumped into my uncle yesterday both know eachother and the first thing out of fahys questionable mouth were "ya will get me 30 number 1 votes for me won`t ya".
    He then began to spout on about what he will do for Galway and why we need a strong fianna fail presence representing the people and how they would transform the country to its former glory days during berties reign.
    Sad thing is he said Fahy was like a clown and full of beans with dillusional ideas,he then said if ya need anything just call into me.
    My uncle replied thats not how I operate and thats what ruined this country Fahy just shouted remember me on ballot day.
    The man is a twat

Fair play to your uncle. xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I got a letter, with Dail postage of course, from Frankeen today. It thanked me for pledging my support for him and asked me to do everything I could to spread the word to get him votes.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

I wouldn't condemn it, people are angry and people like Frank Fahey act ignorant to that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Noticed a big wooden board for the bypass with Fahey's mug on it knocked down on a grass verge on the Seamus Quirke Road this morning. It must've been stormy last night.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

PomBear wrote: »
    I wouldn't condemn it, people are angry and people like Frank Fahey act ignorant to that

AFAIK, it's actually illegal...

I remember my first general election after I was 18, I was looking for a bit of work for the summer and my friend's mum said she'd give my number to Frank's people that they might be looking for letter stuffers.

Two weeks later I got a call.

"Thanks for pledging your vote to Frank, will you spread the word and try to get others to vote for him?"

I told them that my vote was a private matter but for the record Frank would now not even feature as a transfer option due to their presumptuousness. (I was thinking of giving him a low preference if he gave me a job). The guy on the phone was all flustered, but still asked me to see if I could get others to give Frank a vote. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I seen a massive one in Westside that had www.isupportthebypass.com at the bottom. Someone altered it to www.itakebribes.com.

The next day it had been knocked over.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    AFAIK, it's actually illegal...

It is but meh, I wouldn't condemn it still

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

PomBear wrote: »
    It is but meh, I wouldn't condemn it still
    They were legitimate targets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »

Don't mention the terrorist campaign war!

Robbo wrote: »

<snip>

So, if people want to take out their anger on his signs, i've no problem with it, i'd even crack a smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My sister and 2 other neighbours got phone calls from someone on his behalf asking for their votes and promising lots , is this a random thing? Is it legal to do this or can it be reported as a pest call?

galwayrush wrote: »
    My sister and 2 other neighbours got phone calls from someone on his behalf asking for their votes and promising lots , is this a random thing? Is it legal to do this or can it be reported as a pest call?

No it's not legal, they've also been tearing down opposition posters to put up there own.

You can report them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I seen a massive one in Westside that had www.isupportthebypass.com at the bottom. Someone altered it to www.itakebribes.com.

The next day it had been knocked over.

Itakebribes.com is so funny. Well done Galway.

Advertisement