Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recording from sky box

• 15-02-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

hi i have loads of episodes of something on my sky box its taking up a fair wack of room but my friend in england wants to watch them im wondering is there anyway i can get them onto a dvd to post to her? is this possible from the sky box?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

of course it is. connect a dvd recorder to the box and then go to the programme you want to put on to it. then press green on the sky remote and this will copy it to a dvd. you have to watch it in full and you cant use the box for anything when its doing this for you. takes a while but its the only way unless you use a usb capture device.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

thanks wats a usb capture device? its like 20 ep of something willi have to watch each or is there a way to record all and ii can leave it on and leavethe room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

sophie1234 wrote: »
    thanks wats a usb capture device? its like 20 ep of something willi have to watch each or is there a way to record all and ii can leave it on and leavethe room
    This has come up quite a bit. The only way to do it it seems is like above. The DVD Recorder is probably your best bet. I got myself a USB Capture thingy but not too good, takes up a load of space on your computer space even for short clips. The audio and video also tends to skip out of synch if recording things longer than half an hour or so.

From what I gather there's a copy function in your sky planner, press red over the episodes you want so it says copy then when you play them I think they play one after another. It's only realtime recording though, not drag and drop so 20 episodes will take the length of the 20 episodes.

Oh and don't get excited if you spot the USB port on the sky box, it seemingly has nothing to do with the hard drive.

thanks guys ill go home tonight and give it a whirl!!

good luck with that. the only way is one after the other. unless you download from the net and post a dvd accross.

• Advertisement

good luck with that. the only way is one after the other. unless you download from the net and post a dvd accross.

Thanks ill see how i get on doin one epside and if its worth it doing the rest thanks for ur help !!!

no problem at all. its a pity you cant transfer from the hard drive directly but the programme is encrypted so the card needs to decode in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clutterfree88

Hi, I have Sky box which always is showing say 5% available, there are few series links we haven't watched yet taking up a ton of space, does the 5% availbility take account of all the stuff series linked yet to be recorded? I have to keep deleting stuff I wouldn't mind watching at some stage, thanks.

no it shouldnt do. you can try a restart of the box and see if this will fix the issue. or a planner rebuild.

Guide to performing a planner rebuild

The Planner Rebuild process will stop all recordings currently in progress and reboot your Sky box. Recordings in your planner will not be deleted.

If there is a recording in progress you may wish to wait until the recording is complete before performing the planner rebuild.

To perform a planner rebuild:

Using the Sky remote control press the services button to access the menu with Options highlighted.
    Press the right arrow button to highlight the Settings menu and press select.
    Press 0, 1 then select to access the hidden Installer Setup options, you will now be highlighted on Setup.
    Press the right arrow button to go to Rebuild, which will become Sky+ Rebuild once highlighted, and press the select button.
    The on-screen message: "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+" will appear. Press the select button to continue.
    The on-screen message: "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and take up to two minutes to clear.
    Once complete the set top box will switch itself off and then back on automatically displaying the red standby light.
    If the set top box continues to display "Housekeeping please wait" for longer than two minutes please carry out a power reset (below) with the viewing card removed.
    Wait for 60 seconds after the red light has appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clutterfree88

Thanks Cartman51773, I thought it might be you who'd have the answer from reading the thread, will give it go over the weekend, thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement