Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Forum Builders (possibly free)

Options
  • 15-02-2011 12:46pm

I'm possibly creating a forum for the website I am working on, which may not be used on the final version that we put live. It will likely be just for the lecturers and for the extra marks, so can anyone recommend any good forum builders? We're using Joomla 1.5, so if there are any good forum extensions I'd greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

http://www.kunena.org/ is built specifically for Joomla and is very good. You could also bridge phpBB which would be a better forum but more hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Freemancon

I would also be a little wary of phpBB. It is a powerful application but a bit of a pain to manage. You would really want to be sure this is the way forward for your organisation..otherwise it is a lot of work for the designer and content manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

+1 for Kunena, its a rock solid (and powerful enough) 'lil extension. Theres ton of joomla modules ready to go and plays nice with pretty much every other extension out there, the new template system in 1.6 (Kunena 1.6 that is) makes things very easy to customize in look and feel as well.

Advertisement