Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWO query

• 15-02-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey guys, i hope this is the right forum for this, if not I'm really sorry.

Basically i have a question about my cwo. Times are pretty rough for alot of people at the moment and mine is a pretty small issue in comparison but about a week ago i got a bill from the esb for 300 quid and thats not the kinda money i have on hand. I talked to them and they said they would leave off collection til the end of the month but even then i have no hope.

I was wondering can my cwo help me in this matter? Not looking for a handout but could thyey give me a loan and deduct it from my disability every week? It was really cold this winter and i was caught off guard.

Thanks in advance to any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Your local MABS office http://www.mabs.ie/ may be able to help you work with the ESB to make a paying arrangement you can afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Hi,We all had huge bills this winter.Anyway,With the ESB you should apply for one of their cards that allows you to pay off what you want on a weekly basis.When they see you do this they are ok about it.As for the cwo,I do believe they may give you a partial bail out.All you can do is try.Nothing to loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kathy Jane

If you are in real financial trouble and just cannot meet the payment, you could also talk to St. Vincent de Paul. They can help you with matters like this if they are satisfied that you have no means to do it and are in danger of being disconnected as a result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Korasa wrote: »
    Hey guys, i hope this is the right forum for this, if not I'm really sorry.

Basically i have a question about my cwo. Times are pretty rough for alot of people at the moment and mine is a pretty small issue in comparison but about a week ago i got a bill from the esb for 300 quid and thats not the kinda money i have on hand. I talked to them and they said they would leave off collection til the end of the month but even then i have no hope.

I was wondering can my cwo help me in this matter? Not looking for a handout but could thyey give me a loan and deduct it from my disability every week? It was really cold this winter and i was caught off guard.

Thanks in advance to any responses.

yes the CWO can and will help you.

You can get a once off payment called "exceptional needs payment" which is for the likes of anm abnormaly hight bill,or for 1st time house buyer on the cheaper housing scheme who needs the likes of kitchen cuttlery or some carpet or furniture in their houise.

But this payment is means tested,and YOU MUST fill out a form and prove that you dont have the money to pay or afford these things,you have to provide bank statements,proof of a social wellfare payment and all other incomes and also provide proof of all outgoings too.

Also go and make an appointment with MABS asap,and this will show the ESB that you are taking the matter seriously too.

MABS will broker a deal with you and any company that you are struggling to pay bills ot loans back to.

MABS are state funded and are brilliant at what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I have gone in about seeing my cwo and i will be approaching her thurday. I have approached mabs over the last few weeks and i have to agree they are an amazing service. They have aranged for me to pay off my student loans affordably starting last week. Its really the reason i was caught by this bill.

Hopefully everything will work out anyways i am doing eveything i can so heres hoping.Thanks a million to those who posted some advise! i really appreciate your time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement