Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 XBox's Using one Account ?

• 15-02-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Quick question,

I have a 360 Elite I use for gaming in one room and want to get another 360 for the sitting room for Kinetic and Movies n such, can I do this using my single xbox live account ?

:pac:

HJ-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Im pretty sure that you can, just not both of them at the same time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

as said above not at the same time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

As far as I know you can, but you have to have your profile on a portable device as oppose to it actually being on the hard drive so as such isn't the best solution.

You can recover your gamertag on the new console but this will then knock off the account off the old.

I'm in the same boat with 2 xboxes and ended up just moving the hard drive from the machine with the xbox live account to the other xbox in the sitting room when ever I need to go on line

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Cheers Lads,

Looks like the moving the HDD will be the easiest solution :)

HJ-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I do this between my xbox and the one at my folks place when I visit, have my profile on a usb key , easier to carry than a hard drive :D

I'm not 100% on this and can't test it at the moment, but I remember my hard drive complaining when I connected it to another xbox :confused: The usb key will 100% work though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'm in the exact same situation, one xbox for kinect and another in another part of the house. I just moved my profile onto a USB drive and bring that between the two - simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

im buying a new xbox can you use the same dlc on both boxes if i transfer over with a transfer cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

im buying a new xbox can you use the same dlc on both boxes if i transfer over with a transfer cable

Yes with a but...... but it needs to be on a memory key and the xbox needs to be connected to live, don't bother with a transfer cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

the thing is some dlc is on one account andsome on another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

the thing is some dlc is on one account andsome on another

All DLC (arcade games and add-ons) can be used under the following rules.

1/ On the original console they were downloaded/purchased to, they are available offline and online and to all gamertags.

2/ They are available online (ie only when connected to live) for the gamertag that purchased them on all consoles.

3/ There is a way (subject to conditions and a bit of hassle) to permanently transfer the offline licenses from one xbox to another.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

• Advertisement
Advertisement