Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ HD Upgrade

• 15-02-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭

I recently upgraded our TV to an HD Samsung this xmas. Currently have Sky+ and am pretty happy with it. I noticed Sky has an offer ending in a couple days to upgrade to a Sky+ HD box for free (if you take a 12 month contract and pay an extra €15/month for HD).

Do they always have deals like this running or is this one to jump on?

Also, I read that some people have had issues with the various incarnations of the HD box. I'm not sure that I can request a Pace vs. a Samsung or Thompson box if I ordered. I'm not sure if these are problems in the past or is the HD box you get still an important issue. Can anyone chime in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Phone them,some people have gotten deals for HD pack at €5 per month.You'll get whatever box the installer has in his van when he calls,the new boxes are pretty reliable anyway regardless of the make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭basill

Alternatively adverts.ie and ebay have loads of new in the box Sky+ HD boxes if you want to avoid being locked into a new subscription.

My personal view is that Sky will offer HD free soon enough when they start pushing sky 3D. Just like a few years back when they charged you for the privilege of having sky plus which is of course now free.

If you can make do without the sky HD channels but want the HD box then it is free to call them up and pair your viewing card to the new box. There are a few free HD channels such as BBC HD, BBC1 HD, ITV HD. I think I read somewhere that Channel 4 will have an HD channel soon enough if it doesn't already. The settings to add these channels are all freely available on the web if you search them out.

Advertisement