Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody still collecting Series 3?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

From the trading thread it seems like most of the regs here have completed the series, but just in case anyone hasn't, I made this upon completing the series myself:

5436991574_43a0a09764_z.jpg

Now I can't claim 100% accuracy, simply because the dots are pretty hard to detect and I haven't tested this cheat sheet myself (got all mine from feeling).

Hopefully it'll be of some use to somebody though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I have heard stories that the dot codes change from batch to batch, and region to region. People are reporting that their packs don't match the usual list, though I haven't seen any other dot codes posted anywhere. Every box I've seen in Ireland uses the same dot codes.

I make myself one of these for each series:

barcards.jpg

Sad, I know, but they're handy to have in the wallet and they use the actual codes cut from the pack so I can just put them together and visually check for a match without worrying about size or resolution or stuff. I call them my barcards. My Series 3 dots seem to match yours perfectly. Except backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dunjohn wrote: »
    My Series 3 dots seem to match yours perfectly. Except backwards.

Good to know! One of us has probably put them upside down or something?

I didn't have to do this pre-Series 3, because when there were still barcodes there were tonnes of mobile apps around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Good to know! One of us has probably put them upside down or something?
    I have mine on so that the back shows instead of the front. But don't worry, they're reversable!

And I'm living in the pre-app mobile phone era when colour displays were the latest thing.

Advertisement