Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries; Dog crap capital of NCD?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Why is there dog crap from one end of Skerries to the other? Why are people not picking up after their dogs any more?The pedestrian walk along the beach is as bad, step off the path onto the grass verge at your peril.Really ruins a pleasant afteroon walk when you have to constantly on your guard for the dreaded mess. So Dear Skerries dog owners kindly clean up your mutts mess.

Anybody know if there is Chamber of Commerce in Skerries?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Fingalian wrote: »

Yes, there is. Bit of an over reaction I reckon. Never find it that bad myself and I walk it at least twice a week(without a dog for the record)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fingalian wrote: »
    Google is your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I walk it at least once a week myself and it is brutal at the moment.Definitely was/is not as bad during the summer months. Was there Notices to Dog owners up last year or am I thinking of somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

Ha Ha :)

You have obviously not taken a stroll througfh Balbriggan recently, I have never seen anything as bad as it is at the moment, it is everywhere, paths , roads , grass , beach , you name it theres crap on it. Disgusting :mad:

What;s more disgusting are the owners who think its ok for the dogs to crap everywhere and they just leave it, poor doggies not their fault their owners are animals :rolleyes:

There was a post I remember on Balbriggan.net regarding this very issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Retitle the thread "Dash Krapital" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Stella2010

I don't frequent Skerries often but Balbriggan is a disgrace.
    The beach is covered in poo as are the cliff walks.
    I don't understand people who won't clean up after their dogs.

I have offered people poo bags and been abused on more than a few occasions.
    Hefty fines imposed would be great to see.
    I have written to Fingal CoCo too to provide more bins ( as it is a pain trying to manage a few dogs and a few bags of poo over a few miles of a walk )and more poo bags for people. Sometimes you can forget to take them with you but regular dogs walkers should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

I just think its terribly anti social and uncivic behaviour. I would equate these type of dog owners with fly tippers. It would seem that the only way to cure the problem is signage,enforcement and fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spidermany

We play hopscotch the whole way up to school as we jump over poo on the pavements. Some Rush locals seem to think it's better if their dogs poop outside on the pavement than inside in their gardens.

Recently I asked a woman to pick up her dog's poo and her response was "Sure, it's only a bit of poo."

Uhmm.. derrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Spidermany wrote: »
    We play hopscotch the whole way up to school as we jump over poo on the pavements. Some Rush locals seem to think it's better if their dogs poop outside on the pavement than inside in their gardens.

Recently I asked a woman to pick up her dog's poo and her response was "Sure, it's only a bit of poo."

Uhmm.. derrrr!!

Should have said you'd report her.

Feck sake. Fair enough, nobody likes lifting poo and there should be more bins located around the place (Where I walk my dog in Swords, there isn't a bin from passing through 2 housing estates and a local park! A 3o minute round trip.) but she can't be saying that. :mad:

If I'd known who she was I would report her. To be honest I was just rendered speechless....not something that happens very often!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Spidermany wrote: »
    If I'd known who she was I would report her. To be honest I was just rendered speechless....not something that happens very often!!

But even if you had said you were going to report her or let her know she could be fined she may have thought twice about doing it again.

You're right, and I should have, but as I said I was speechless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Anyone actually seen a FCC Litter Wardens in action against offending dog owners? I have seen the dog fouling notices around Rush especially the Channel Road area but the pavements remain covered in excretment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Capital? I remember thinking that when I went to school there. Doesn't surprise me to learn things haven't changed much over a decade later.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A bit of a bump to this thread, but I haven't checked in here in a while....haven't noticed it myself. I'd go running regularly so I cover a lot of distance on foot (generally 5-8K per run and I'd do 2-3 per week in Skerries, generally covering the entire sea front walk) and I've yet to get stung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PLAN HEN

Khannie wrote: »
    A bit of a bump to this thread, but I haven't checked in here in a while....haven't noticed it myself. I'd go running regularly so I cover a lot of distance on foot (generally 5-8K per run and I'd do 2-3 per week in Skerries, generally covering the entire sea front walk) and I've yet to get stung.

Hi all it's my first post on Boards...

just wanted to say that I live in Skerries and I find that the dog poo is getting worse week by week!! FCC need to reinstate their litter wardens and start fining people on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I usually try and avoid Skerries;)

This is not confined to Skerries its all over the place. I was in Edinburgh at this week for 3 days and saw dogs foul in Princess Street gardens and along the street up to Carlton Hill.

I think what is most annoying is dogs let out on green spaces at night and then the owners let their kids out the next day and complain when the kids get S**T on the clothes when playin football

Have to hold my hand up and say I have got caught out twice recently without a bag. On one occasion someone handed me one as I was tieing the dog to a post to go and get a plastic bag in shop.

I do however think its a minority of people as I see quite a few out walking who have little bags with them to clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

LeoB wrote: »
    I was in Edinburgh at this week for 3 days and saw dogs foul in Princess Street gardens and along the street up to Carlton Hill.
    If only DI Rebus was around to sort it out. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

dog owners letting their dogs crap wherever in 2011 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

PLAN HEN wrote: »
    Hi all it's my first post on Boards...

Welcome to boards! :)

This thread has pooped popped into my head a few times recently. I haven't noticed much, but I'll keep keeping an eye out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement