Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspector visit

• 15-02-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

i'm due to get a visit from the inspector at some stage moro. just wondering what should i expect from them when they get here?! are they gonna go through every room in the apartment or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

For rent allowance? They're mostly likely to check that (a) the property exists (b) it is suitable for habitation (c) you live there (d) there aren't 23 other people living there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If it's for a social welfare payment, the inspector will also have your application with him/her and will review it with you with regard to the info you gave about your living arrangements, previous work, savings etc. It would be good to have some info to hand about your ongoing job search if it is a Jobseekers payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

its for JSA sorry i should have mentioned that. im waiting since last may to get this sorted. i dont actually have any evidence of looking for work, ive never recieved any emails/letters back from anywhere ive applied to. although i do have plans for a course come september, would info on that be any use?! apart from that i dont have anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Loadie

Print out some copies of your job applications that you sent by email etc. that is evidence that you are applying for work. Doubt that a course starting in September would be sufficent proof that you are looking for work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

Have you kept copies of email you sent.
    Any bills, proof of who you are, tell him you have no savings of any sort.
    They are usually ok try to be as honest as you can. Just think before you answer anything.
    Remember the payment is means tested so as far as he is concerned you are broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

practice wrote: »
    tell him you have no savings of any sort.

They are usually ok try to be as honest as you can.
    How can you reconcile these two statements?

Its perfectly OK to have savings. Its only when it reaches something like 30,000 euro that they are taken into account.

Advertisement