Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabit Fence Question

Options
  • 15-02-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All;

I ordered the galavanised rabbit proof fence and when it arrived yesterday I just realised i did order the pvc coated one.

Will the galavanised one last long in the Irish weather or am i better off shipping it back(paying the costs) and getting pvc coated one?

Probably cost me extra 50 euro with all the shipping costs and extra cost for the pvc fence etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Proper zinc coated aka galvanised has the advantage of being less susceptible to damage, i.e. the plastic coated is chosen primarily for aesthetics but the plastic coating can be damaged easier than the zinc/galv type.

So taking into account normal wear and tear the zinc/galv wire will likely last longer but not look as pleasing as a green wire fence.

Rabbit fences also need to be partially buried to prevent the buggers burrowing under them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'd take the galvanised over PVC coated everytime because I believe it's more durable.

Advertisement