Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car blocked in

Options
  • 15-02-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Why is it that people find it necessary to block other cars into the car parks at UCD?? There was a whole third row of cars sandwiching the row of cars I parked in this morning when I went to fetch my car this lunchtime to transport my experiment from UCD to StVUH. Now my experiment is probably ruined and I only hope that I will be able to get my car out this evening to be able to fetch my son from hi creche.

Why are some people so inconsiderate-and considerable numbers of them judging by the state of the car park when I went to try and get my car??

Thanks so much BMW driver from the school of business (according to the cup in your cup holder) :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Bobjims

Some people are just really inconsiderate. I know the feeling, that used to happen to me all the time down in Clontarf. Long day at work and then you find someone blocking your car in, usually a BMW too :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

coddlehip wrote: »
    Why is it that people find it necessary to block other cars into the car parks at UCD?? There was a whole third row of cars sandwiching the row of cars I parked in this morning when I went to fetch my car this lunchtime to transport my experiment from UCD to StVUH. Now my experiment is probably ruined and I only hope that I will be able to get my car out this evening to be able to fetch my son from hi creche.

Why are some people so inconsiderate-and considerable numbers of them judging by the state of the car park when I went to try and get my car??

Thanks so much BMW driver from the school of business (according to the cup in your cup holder) :mad:

What an asshole. Ring services and get them to clamp it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

:eek:

Oh yeah lets immobilize the car thats blocking the OP in, great idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

surely clamping it is counter productive as its stuck there for even longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hipcheck the car, set off the alarm. Then wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Always try avoiding parking in the 'mud' car parks if you're able to. Always try get a space in the ones that have clearly marked out lines if you can. I know it's not much help to you now but might be in the future :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Max Power1 wrote: »
    :eek:

Oh yeah lets immobilize the car thats blocking the OP in, great idea :rolleyes:

OP would have to wait for them to come back to their car to get out anyway. Might as well punish the dodgey parker for inconveniencing the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'd drive into someone if they blocked me in

(assuming theres a chance i'd make it out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

stop wrote: »
    OP would have to wait for them to come back to their car to get out anyway. Might as well punish the dodgey parker for inconveniencing the OP.

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just get a few young men and get them to lift it out of the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

What an asshole. Ring services and get them to clamp TOW it.

FYP

Towing it to an impound - when the car owner returns they must pay the towing fee and possibly a clamp fee as well .... so they will learn to be more considerate when parking in future.

the more often it happens the more money the college will make the more considerate the parking will become and the more ignorant parkers will suffer.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    FYP

Towing it to an impound - when the car owner returns they must pay the towing fee and possibly a clamp fee as well .... so they will learn to be more considerate when parking in future.

the more often it happens the more money the college will make the more considerate the parking will become and the more ignorant parkers will suffer.

While private clamping is a very grey area private towing is pretty much no go. I could easily imagine someone taking a case that their car has been stolen and winning. I certainly wouldn't trust NCPS (or whatever their initals are) in looking after someones car.

Public towing-yes
    Private towing-no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I used to leave abusive notes on people's windows for being such inconsiderate ****es.

The clampers wont clamp it because they cant prove that the car behind you wansnt the one to block you in and the BMW was. Anyone who drives a BMW is a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Riamfada wrote: »
    Anyone who drives a BMW is a knob.

Jealous much?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

some guy blocked my today in that small carpark beside the running track, turns out he went for a jog, blocked at least 4 cars

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

some guy blocked my today in that small carpark beside the running track, turns out he went for a jog, blocked at least 4 cars

he was trying to get fit, you couldn't expect him to walk to the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just smash a wing mirror. Its inconsiderate and they deserve it. If I blocked someone in, which I wouldn't out of principal, I wouldn't expect to be greeted with open arms.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Just smash a wing mirror. Its inconsiderate and they deserve it. If I blocked someone in, which I wouldn't out of principal, I wouldn't expect to be greeted with open arms.

Wouldn't recommend this, criminal damage and all that. Admittedly the chances of being caught are fairly slim but do you really want a possible conviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

" I didn't see the mirror when i walked into it, the same way you didn't see my car when you parked in front of it. "

In all seriousness though... there is not much you can do. It happened to me there last semester and just waited it out.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    In all seriousness though... there is not much you can do. It happened to me there last semester and just waited it out.

Get them clamped. You still have to wait, but you get a little revenge.

• Advertisement

Get them clamped. You still have to wait, but you get a little revenge.

On the flip side, it could be someone who was desperately late for a meeting or exam. In life I suppose we all have a moment like that. Doesn't compensate for it but would you want to be reported for it? As much as I'd love to smash a wing mirror or clamp it, in the end, it could just be adding to a persons woes that day.

However there are serial offenders, just take a look at the gravel carparks near Quinn.

On the flip side, it could be someone who was desperately late for a meeting or exam. In life I suppose we all have a moment like that. Doesn't compensate for it but would you want to be reported for it? As much as I'd love to smash a wing mirror or clamp it, in the end, it could just be adding to a persons woes that day.

However there are serial offenders, just take a look at the gravel carparks near Quinn.
    Possibly, but if they're late and it's that important to park there is always Pay & Display available, no need to screw over someone else.

Possibly, but if they're late and it's that important to park there is always Pay & Display available, no need to screw over someone else.

Not always. The Quinn gravel car park would be full, even Pay & Display by 9.30 / 10. Come 10am, you'd be lucky to find a spot most days, paid or otherwise.

Not always. The Quinn gravel car park would be full, even Pay & Display by 9.30 / 10. Come 10am, you'd be lucky to find a spot most days, paid or otherwise.

There's a new pay and display car park up at the new roebuck res. It's almost always near empty. I guess a lot of people don't know about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

There's a new pay and display car park up at the new roebuck res. It's almost always near empty. I guess a lot of people don't know about it though.

Oi you, some of us study law and need that car park for being extra lazy. Stop telling people about it. I jest, feel free, the other day I saw some lads playing hurling in it, and while is empty enough to play hurling in, its a risk to all cars parked there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

Does anyone know what the situation with the parking in Glenomena is? There are some spaces that are marked 15 mins max and others are disabled spaces but do you need a resident's pass or is anyone free to park there?

And to whoever was messing with the wipers on all the cars over there last night...get yourself a life.

Advertisement