Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

urlingford to Cashel to Dundrum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Maybe not a big help but I have done Urlingford to past the Horse and Jockey a couple of years ago before the motorway opened. It's mostly easy and flat but it got a bit hairy with the hard shoulder and the traffic after H&J, so I headed back. It's probably a lot nicer now with less traffic on the road. it was fine back then though, until the margin disappeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I suggest you plot the route using ride with gps or map my ride. these will show you distance, gradient and will provide you with directions and a topographical map. That should make it easier, I use RwGPS, I find it much faster and easier to use than MMR.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I suggest you plot the route using ride with gps or map my ride. these will show you distance, gradient and will provide you with directions and a topographical map. That should make it easier, I use RwGPS, I find it much faster and easier to use than MMR.
    Hope this helps.

Thatnks, for that. RwGPS shows it to be pretty much flat :)
    Looks like its a go

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

The road between Urlingford and Cashel should be a grand cycle. Big road, good condition and with the motorway open now, it should be reasonably quiet. And you can't get lost, back to kindergarden if you do!

The open thing is that you could be expose to wind, it's wide open - that may or may not be a good thing!! :D

I done the cycle between Cashel and Dundrum once and it's a nice scenic route, nicer that Urlingford to Cashel. You're cycle from Cashel will probably start at the back of the Rock of Cashel, which would make a good photo op if you could get someone to stand in the middle of the field! From what I remember, decent roads (particularly for Tipp), nice n' rolling and some nice countryside.

All in all, I say you picked a nice cycle!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Wouldn't worry about the old Cork road, it's a regional road now so hard shouldered and 80kph speed limit. There's a nice auld hill down the road in Grange :) if you fancy it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Rallymad

I am only back on the bike a few weeks but ive been on that road a good few times since between cashel and littleton its a great road for cycling feck all cars on it now just local traffic using it . Its a great road to set a good pace and keep it going one of my favourites around that i use and very safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thanks all.

Looks like it'll fit in well to my plans so.

Just have to convince the co-pilot to bring the car the ret of the way for me now :D:D

Advertisement