Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glenn Hoddle doesn't hate women

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a load of bolllocks. Fcuking PC brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That's what passes for racism now? Wow the world has gotten a lot better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He should be appluaded for that comment. More of Hoddle in the commentary box please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

For fuck's sake. Hoddle has some bonkers views but this is just innocent wordplay.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If I disliked him as much as I did Keyes and Gray, then it would be a sackable offense in my eyes (any excuse) but I don't, so by any other stretch that was just a pretty lame joke with no racist overtones at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

father-ted-racist1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Who gets offended by the likes of that. I'm yet to ever meet/hear anyone who gets even remotely offended. I think it's all a big spoof and everyone thinks that somebody else is offended. BULL****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

He should be reprimanded for crimes against Humour , nevermind racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Btw, absolutely loved Hoddle last night as a Comm. He was so much more technical and not just saying the brain dead stuff that the likes of Alan Smith would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I think its the people who make a big deal over stuff like this that are the real racists. They think that Chinese people are so inferior to themselves that people should not make the slightest bit of a joke about them. Similar to the Micheál Martin thing yesterday. They treat an Asian name or accent as a disability. Like them or not the only people on TV now a days that will stand up against this BS and wont apologise are the likes of Jeremy Clarkson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I dont know how mocking a name is racist, its not even insulting. Its like a Chinese guy mocking his buddy who is splitting up with wife by saying if your were from Ireland you would be called "Al O'Moaney". Damn Chinese always making racists jokes about the Irish :mad:

Anybody can have a chinese name and not be chinese, so its nothing to do with racism. I went to school with a guy who's second name was Wang...his great-grandfather was chinese so he was 1/8th chinese but his race would have been caucasian.

Although to be fair we gave him enough abuse for having the second name "Wang".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Pauleta wrote: »
    Like them or not the only people on TV now a days that will stand up against this BS and wont apologise are the likes of Jeremy Clarkson.

Tbh, The stuff Clarkson and co spout is pretty racist imo, that Mexican rant from "The Hamster" recently was awful.

I wouldn't advocate removing them from TV via some hysterical campaign, but I wouldn't watch it myself.

What Hoddle said was a harmless play on words, it would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for the climate created by Keys and Gray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

smokedeels wrote: »
    Tbh, The stuff Clarkson and co spout is pretty racist imo, that Mexican rant from "The Hamster" recently was awful.

I wouldn't advocate removing them from TV via some hysterical campaign, but I wouldn't watch it myself.

What Hoddle said was a harmless play on words, it would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for the climate created by Keys and Gray.

I didnt see the mexican thing tbh. What im trying to say is that if they said what Hoddle said they wouldnt apologise because there is nothing to be sorry about. I know Hoddle is in an awkward position after what he said years ago but i think its time people stopped apologising for nothing, just to bow to whatever media source is running out of stories to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

That's crazy stuff. Sure there'll be nobody left working in Sky Sports soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's just daft. Sure it's a crap joke but it's not racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

But best of all the Chinese people themselves. Look at them there, aren't they great? The Chinese; a great bunch of footballers.

Advertisement