Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autechre EPs: 1991 - 2002

Options
  • 15-02-2011 3:46pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Just saw the notice about this release of Autechre singles in a 5 disc boxset, I'm sure lots already have the various EPs but not me so definitely buying this next month when released... instant access to the digital files for orders from now!

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=28426

Edit - only noticed after I posted this, the first disc is from material prior to being signed to Warp and previously unavailable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Interesting - haven't really dug into much of their earlier work in the past, although I'm enjoying their last few albums. Not a bad price @ €35 either.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'd be a bigger fan of their earlier work and had been meaning to pick up the older EPs at some stage 2nd hand, problem solved now with this! Can't feckin wait.

These for example off the Garbage EP, spectacular...

VLetrmx21

Bronchusevenmx24

I really can't wait for this, just listening to some of the tracks on youtube off the first disc, fantastic...

Autechre - Djarum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Oh, very nice...I think I have Garbage and Anvil Vapre as the second disc of the US issue of Tri Repetae, but the rest would be new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

VLetrmx21 is possibly my all time favourite Autechre track.

There's loads of great stuff there among the earlier EPs: Anvil Vapre (which is nearly a mini-album in length), Garbage and of course the amazing Anti EP.

The latter is the one with "Flutter" - the closest Autechre ever came to a protest song. Following the UK's draconian "anti rave" Criminal Justice Bill, which held "music with repetitive beats" under a priori suspicion, Autechre responded by programming every bar of "Flutter" with a different beat! The result is a lot more fluid and organic-sounding than you might think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

I also prefer earlier Autechre but this looks like a cash in. All of these EPs are easily available with the exception of the first disk.

theUbiq wrote: »
    I also prefer earlier Autechre but this looks like a cash in. All of these EPs are easily available with the exception of the first disk.

If I were them in this day and age with rampant illegal downloads etc, I'd happily find ways to cash in and get some money for my work! - Why not, before CD fades into obscurity altogether?

What I'd really love to see next would be a collection of their remix work, must be more than enough of that to justify another Warp release!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

http://www.discogs.com/Autechre-EPs-1991-2002/master/311026

Looks great, have all those anyway but a nice collection indeed.

They always released quality EPs. Some of their better tracks are on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Then there's all that Gescom stuff too...
    What I'd really love to see next would be a collection of their remix work, must be more than enough of that to justify another Warp release!

• Advertisement

Then there's all that Gescom stuff too...

Indeed, could be a lot to follow hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

You guys probably already know this but a lot of the gescom stuff is available here, http://bleep.com/index.php?page=search_results&search_txt=Gescom and here, http://bleep.com/index.php?page=label_details&labelid=166

The skam releases are generally of a very high standard!

:)

Advertisement