Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bed won't fit upstairs

• 15-02-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Had a house recently built... all fine except that you can't get a double bed up the L shaped stairs.

I've got around this by sawing a bed in half and re-connecting it upstairs, so sleeping arrangements all grand for foreseeable future.

If I was selling the house though, how big a problem is this likely to be?

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

not a problem, just don't mention it.
    Selling the house might be a bigger problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

This is why they make divan double beds in 2 parts.

A friend done the same one-time. He asked me to give him a hand carrying a bed upstairs but when I arrived it was obvious it wasn't going to fit and wouldn't entertain any notion of exchanging it for a 2-part base.

He even hacked a lump off the ceiling to squeeze it under the box room (and tearing the fabric in the process). But after many choice phrases we eventually got it to the landing only for him to find it wouldn't go around the corner (me smugly thinking I told you so). Out came the handsaw and the bed halves were in the room within 5 mins.

A new 2-piece divan went in after 2 or 3 months as they couldn't sleep comfortably on the old one without feeling the joint even though it was under the mattress and was well braced and supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Jaysis. Some people just can't be told can they....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

might as well have took the window out to get it in lmao

Advertisement