Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old agfa cameras

• 15-02-2011 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys i was at an auction last night at which i bought a box of old tools and stuff but thrown in the box were these two cameras. just wondering can anyone tell me what year they are from and just generally anything about them. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The folder looks like an old Agfa Billy or Billy Record, takes 6x9 cm shots on 120 film. Kinda hard to tell details because your closeup shots are a bit blurry.

The box is an Agfa box camera which probably again takes 6x9 shots on 120 film. The synchro bit is because it synchronizes with some Agfa brand flash IIRC. There should be a model number somewhere that'll enable you to get more info.

Before you ask, no they're probably not worth very much either. You'd get far more enjoyment out of using them than trying to flog them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

or just flog it to me so I can get enjoyment out of them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭aidanic

eosirl08. wrote: »
    Hi guys i was at an auction last night at which i bought a box of old tools and stuff but thrown in the box were these two cameras. just wondering can anyone tell me what year they are from and just generally anything about them. thanks

I have a similar Agfa Box camera that I bought at a flea market last year for €10. It takes normal 120 format film, and takes a 6x9cm format picture. Only 8 photos per 120 roll. I've a small light leak at the back somewhere but it only affects the very edge of the picture.

They are very simple cameras, with the main lens on the film holder assembly.

I'm still trying to work out what the exposure is, but the shutter is approx 1/30s - I used some Provia 100f slide, and only a few shots were correctly exposed. 400 T-Max was better, and I still need to shoot some more.

There are two apperture settings on my camera - one big (say f4) and one small (say f16). The third setting on this pull out tab is a yellow filter.

I've taken the front off my camera, and cleaned/checked the shutter mechanism, which sticks somewhat. There are reflective metal mirrors in the two viewfinders.

There's a switch on mine which changes from "normal" shutter to a "bulb" setting.

I'll upload some photos later, and you can compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

The folder looks like an old Agfa Billy or Billy Record, takes 6x9 cm shots on 120 film. Kinda hard to tell details because your closeup shots are a bit blurry.

The box is an Agfa box camera which probably again takes 6x9 shots on 120 film. The synchro bit is because it synchronizes with some Agfa brand flash IIRC. There should be a model number somewhere that'll enable you to get more info.

Before you ask, no they're probably not worth very much either. You'd get far more enjoyment out of using them than trying to flog them.

thanks for your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

woop wrote: »
    or just flog it to me so I can get enjoyment out of them :)

ha sorry mate i gave them away to a friend of mine

• Advertisement
Advertisement