Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art craft question

• 15-02-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey! I was just wondering can you put the font you are going to use onto your preparatory sheet or is that against the rules? I have done up all the font and then someone was like you cant have real ideas on the page :( Is this right? Will i be penalized for having it all done already? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TanyaMay

Hey! I was just wondering can you put the font you are going to use onto your preparatory sheet or is that against the rules? I have done up all the font and then someone was like you cant have real ideas on the page :( Is this right? Will i be penalized for having it all done already? Thanks in advance :)

We were told not to do that either. Like, a girl wanted to use sketched DIY nails & screws for her lettering, but, for her prep - she was told just to draw nails and screws. Not to form them into the words/letters.

I find that quite annoying I have to say, because, a friend of mine in another school told me that apparently you're allowed have a stencil for your letters pre-made before the exam? I'm not sure how true this is, but, she said in her LC last year - a few of the them, in order to save time - had a their letter shapes cut out of A4 paper and then just stuck that down on the card they were using and cut around (during the exam).....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 alltakennamess

Yeah its very annoying it would save so much time to have it done and if your allowed use stencils anyways i dont see the point! :confused: Ah well i unfortunately have all my lettering in pen on my page....im just going to leave it there and see what she says its only the mocks :p Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

You get marks for "teasing out ideas" on your prep sheet that will help you make the finished craftwork.

So it's ok to have a good and useful estimation of what you think your realised lettering will be, but you will get more marks if you develop your lettering even more from the prep stage to the preliminary stage to the completed craftwork.

Simple tricks like adding special features, different colours, shadow etc.. is whats required. The finishing touches - you dont have to re-invent the wheel from scratch! Best of Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

According to our teacher you're allowed bring a stencil in with you but it has to be the whole alphabet. You cant just write out the words/letters you're going to be doing. This also means you'll have to do the spacing yourself on the day.

Advertisement