Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance testing new DIT car-sharing website

Options
  • 15-02-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi folks,

We've been working with the National Transport Authority to develop a car-sharing website for DIT students and staff. To register with the site you need to use an email address ending in .dit.ie - this ensures that you can limit lifts to the campus community if you want to.

We had some initial problems with the system accepting @student.dit.ie emails but we think we have them resolved now. The new mydit.ie email address threw us a bit as well, but the @student.dit.ie email addresses should still be working.

The site is http://www.carsharing.ie/ . If you'd like to try it out and give us some feedback on whether it works for you or not, we'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Carpooling - LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Naikon wrote: »
    Carpooling - LOL

Thanks for that, Naikon.

Has anybody else tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

campuslife wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Naikon.

Has anybody else tried it?

You are welcome. Nice to see my contribution is appreciated:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Naikon wrote: »
    You are welcome. Nice to see my contribution is appreciated:)

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone else get false hopes of a student car park when they saw the thread title? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Edit: after a bit of investigating, i'm horrified at how outdated the server is. There are a LOT of services running on that, that have public well known about security advisories posted for them ( and even public explotis for remote code execution) not to mention a few opsies in configs. I'll fire off a pm to campus life but i'd be very wary about posting information to that website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Got your message, Wolfric. Thanks for looking at it!

Advertisement