Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to do it yourself?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all very new to all this.

I am currently trying to figure out my best options for heading away on a whv.. I am not able to get a skilled visa as I do not have 12m experience after qualifying as a secondary teacher. :(

I have looked into AMVL/Visafirst/USIT etc and I am wondering what is my best option?????

Opening a bank account I know can be done from here with the Commonwealth Bank but in terms of getting a Tax Number and Transferring the money I am at a loss... :confused:

I have heard so many conflicting opinions I am just confused really now at this point. I am in touch with an agency in Melbourne for teaching ANZUK so that is more or less sorted its just figuring out which is the best way to go about it.

Any advice or opinions would be great!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Apply directly through Official Aus immigration site, it's straightforward, you answer same questions as through agency and I'm sure it's cheaper.

You can open a bank account very easily when you get there, just bring your passport to any bank branch, should take abou 20 mins.

Ditto TFN, find local tax office and bring your passport.

All of your questions have been asked and answered already on other threads and youll also find links to immigration, tax offices etc there as well. Just use search function to find these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bugz24

Hi
    I know many of my questions have been answered but it is quite difficult to follow considering they are from many different years etc.

I just wanted concise information, easy to follow and read which is why I posted my own....:eek:

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

just apply through www.immi.gov.au it's all written there in English, it's geared up to do it yourself it will seriously take 5 mins.

Also read the bit on getting Chest X- Rays/ Medicals if you intend on working with Children on a WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Advertisement