Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic Restaurant

Options
  • 15-02-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm looking for a nice restaurant for my other half and I to have a meal. Due to work, we didn't get to see each other on Valentines day, so we're hoping to do something special at the weekend. Would love to find a romantic restaurant, not too pricey in Galway City. Would be delighted for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.asianteahouse.ie
    Was there a while back and loved it.

Cookes
    Very nice.

Older threads on same topic

Best X in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Gourmet Tart in Salthill - cracking grub, reasonable prices, full belly.

Artisan on Quay St. (over Naughtons) - top nosh, bit pricey but hey.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 45,577 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Supermacs at half 2 on a saturday night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GotBainne?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

couch potato, on upper abbygate st (turn off by AIB bank on shop street)

its cheap, and the menu simply consists of... well baked potatoes... but they're fantastic baked potatoes with great variety and the ambience is nice: if you go in the evening it's cosy with candles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

+1
    Gourmet Tart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

my other half was served up a screw in his baked potato in couch patatas. Not the drink kind, or the sex kind. Nearly broke a tooth. I like the thai garden and da tangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

The Townhouse Restaurant's pretty nice. Nice & Rosemantic with candles & relaxing. Not too fancy schmancey & reasonable too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I second that the food at Asian Tea House is divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Springerman

Depends what your after, Mc Swiggans is pretty savage, price not too extravagant but at the same time it's not cheap, but the nosh is real good;-)

Then you could also get Indian, Eastern Tandori, close to authentic tasting Indian food, reasonable and you are well stuffed after;-) or the Thai Garden lovely inside, and great grub!

Enjoy;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Abalone is small, cosy, and intimate....great food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's hard to get all three things in the one place OP (reasonable, top class grub, and intimate/romantic). The intimate places are either a bit pricier or only average grub. Any of The 'A's are a bit pricier (some have specials tho) but are probably what I'd go with if I wanted cosier: Ard Bia, Abalone, Artisan.

You can find a quieter table at Tamarind too.
    Cava down the back if it isn't busy.

Haven't been to Townhouse upstairs properly yet, but was there for a function, so only had nibbles. Looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Tamarind or Mc Swiggans have really nice atmosphere and prices are reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

+1 for Abalone, the a la carte is a bit pricey but I think they do a set menu too., and it's tiny and cosy (seats 20 max)
    +1 for Cava, though depends on the night / how full up it is. Went there for Valentine's day with my OH and was fabulous, candles on every table, live music (spanish guitar), fantastic food and i think it's good value. But it's very popular and possible not as rosemantic if it's heaving busy
    They're literally 2 doors apart on Dominick St

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Although pricey enough I would recommend Oscars on Lower Dominick St, its quite small so its intimate enough and cosy, its different then other restaurants inside kinda modern old fashioned look if that makes any sense:)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

+1 for Artisan, Very nice but it is expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

+1 for Oscars, it's pricey but a real treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pieu!!!

Vina Mara

Advertisement