Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 1st

Options
  • 15-02-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Ive heard there are going to be changes made to the WHV structure affective from July 1st this year.....

Can anyone out line these main chages ?
    Also are the effecive from July entry or application ?

only asking as planning on going over may/june on WHV, so should i hold back a few months for the changes

cheers

edit: do these changes aply to Skilled migration applications too, reason being I am 2 years out of employment now so was not eligable to apply for migration a few months ago, due to being 1yr+ out of the game, is this still the case, i do have an occupation on the skills list with 4yrs exp & a recent suplementory technical qualification as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Have you been watching RTE again?

The changes to the skills migration in July is just a change to the points system, it wont really be any easier to qualify but for non-English speaking people are at a slight dis-advantage in the new points system.

Also those over 45 can now apply as long as they make the points up in other areas like those in a high academic occupation (ie. University lecturer)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

There are no changes, to WHV
    immi.gov.au is the source of truth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement