Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk tray wont open? and sounds gone all of a sudden

Options
  • 15-02-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I recently built this PC orientated towards gaming and its working out pretty well although I cant seem to get the hard drive to work the same time as the disc tray its only happened once so far that they worked together for some reason, neither is broken or faulty it would seem also my speakers and headphones no longer seem to work in it anymore but they worked last night.
    the only major thing that I have done that could have had an effect on the headphone/speaker thing is I lifted it up to a higher area closer to my moniter, any help here would be really apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Does the DVD drive not work or will not open?

Have you checked the soundcard in the device manager? Windows Updates sometimes tries to update drivers and makes a mess of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if the cd drive won't open there is a small hole at the front of the drive which is a manual release
    you need to insert a paperclip into it and push until you feel the lever move and it should open
    it could just be a stuck disk which needs to be removed or reseated

are you using the onboard sound or a seperate card? if it is a card then maybe it needs to be reseated as it may have become dislodged in the move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Make sure that the sata/power cables are connected properly?

Advertisement