Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League end of season Predictions.

• 15-02-2011 5:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Using the bbc predictor I've made my table with what I think will be the results between then and now.
    I reckon post up your tables and the closest at the end of the season gets an honorary 'Most knowledgeable poster' award! Here is mine;
    Pos Club GD Points in that format

1. Arsenal 47 83
    2. Trafford Reds United 48 82
    3. City 38 74
    4. Spurs 30 73
    5. Chelsea 36 72
    6. Liverpool 17 65
    7. Sunderland 3 54
    8. Stoke -10 47
    9. Everton -2 45
    10. Bolton -5 45
    11. Newcastle -6 43
    12. Blackburn -17 42
    13. Fulham -6 41
    14. Blackpool -25 41
    15. Aston Villa -18 40
    16. Birmingham -22 40
    17. Wolves -21 38
    18. West Brom -25 38
    19. Wigan -31 34
    20. West Ham -31 32

On the last day of the season United wallop 5 past Blackpool yet Arsenal muster a cagey 2-1 win at Fulham to win the league.

West Brom's draw with Newcastle coupled with Wolves win over Blackburn enables Wolves to escape the drop with West Brom joining fellow W's Wigan and West Ham in the Championship.

Chelseas's calamitous draw against Everton means they miss out on Champions League despite having been in third going in to the day.

Liverpool and Sunderland are in splendid isolation in 6th and 7th, both content with Europa League places.

9 points seperate 8th places Stoke and 18th West Brom in an unbelievably tight bottom tier.

Before I'm declared biased United win 8 lost 3 and drew 1. This table ain't fixed but I can see myself ending up completely wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If we finish 17th or above I don't care. Still think Man United will waltz to their 19th title.

Top 4

Man United
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Spurs

Bottom 3

West Brom
    Wigan
    West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

2. Trafford Reds United 48 82

Would you let these pathetic little digs go already. It's embarrassing to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

You're coming across as quite an idiot with your little Trafford Reds campaign thingymajjig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

I got

1. Arsenal.....84
    2. Man Utd.....80
    3. Man City.....76
    4. Tottenham.....74
    5. Chelsea.....73
    6. Liverpool.....59
    7. Sunderland.....52

and then in the relegation places

West Ham.....32
    Wolves.....32
    Wigan.....31

Yet if asked, I'd say that I think United will win the league, Chelsea will get 4th and Wigan will stay up.

Damn contradictory predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

The thing with these always is, very hard to predict some of the results for example the teams battling relegation always manage a few surprise victories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you did the predictor a week ago I'm pretty sure 99% of people would have chalked Wolves away as a definite 3 points for Manchester United.

But no...

So I think I'll just be content to ride out the rest of the season without using the predictor as I'm sure there'll be one or two upsets along the way which will make it interesting. I still think United will win at a canter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I've put all the results in and Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Birmingham only have 37 games played:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Degag wrote: »
    I've put all the results in and Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Birmingham only have 37 games played:confused:

Spurs v arsenal and Chelsea v Birmingham has to be re arranged due to the carling cup final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

In that case, i think mine looks something like this:

Man Utd 82
    Arsenal 81
    Tottenham 72
    Chelsea 71 (39)
    Man City 71 (28)

West Brom, Blackpool and Wigan to be relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

1) Manchester United
    2) Arsenal
    3) Chelsea
    4) Manchester City

5) Tottenham
    6) Liverpool
    7) Sunderland

18) West Ham
    19) Wigan
    20) Wolves

• Advertisement