Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Baseball

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

From the message I got the idea that the potential new member is a boardie, if they can step in right away then I have no problem with them stepping in. The sooner a replacement is found the better imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

My friend can't do it.
    Doesn't have the time either.
    So we are looking for a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Also with regard to Trade, if people feel it is an unfair trade then I have no problem anyone vetoing it, but Patterson is an all rounder, check his stats, often bats #2 in front of Bautista and is ranked higher than Prado this season!
    David Freese is also hitting well since he came back from injury and a solid 3rd base replacement.

EDIT: But Coeus you are right, the new manager might not like the trade so should be vetoed under these circumstances.
    I was just thinking Patterson hasn't done much of late, yes he did have a good April and May, that why his ranking is higher than Prado. Agree on Freese, his stats are actually better than I thought. I just prefer Prado he is proven and has multiple position eligility. Then again I dont have the injury probs of Busters so the manager needs to fill out the starting lineup...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

I don't see anything particularly wrong with the trade but it might be best to leave it up to the new manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm fine with a new manager, very glad it was offered up as such instead of just leaving the team to be walked over.

• Advertisement

Great nip and tuck matchup with Homers Homers this week, he's widened the gap yesterday in a few categories but it's still only a 5-4 lead with tonight to go. Need a bit of luck to tie things up....

I think better news would've been if you woke up this morning to discover that the trade didn't happen and it was all just a terrible nightmare :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Hi guys,I would be willing to take over as a new manager,I am playing in a Yahoo rotesserie public league at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi guys,I would be willing to take over as a new manager,I am playing in a Yahoo rotesserie public league at the moment.

Hi all. We have a new member who has taken over BusterPoseysRealName. Welcome and thanks for taking up the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Thanks for the welcome,I have changed the name to Tolka Drakes,looking foward to playing head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

howdy doody all,probably a dumb question but basically is this just a lost week in our league. is everyone just gonna tie 0-0 and we move on and not play that person anymore

Iang87 wrote: »
    howdy doody all,probably a dumb question but basically is this just a lost week in our league. is everyone just gonna tie 0-0 and we move on and not play that person anymore
    Games from this Thursday through Sunday will count for this week so it will be game on once the All Star stuff is done...

just spotted that there i thought for some reason the whole week was a right off.Happy days then

Pujols has started back very well after the all star break.

All star game is so annoying fantasy wise though, gets rid of a good 3 days worth of stats !

Pujols has started back very well after the all star break.

All star game is so annoying fantasy wise though, gets rid of a good 3 days worth of stats !

yes and no my team came out hitting and did so well in the first 2 days it more or less won me all the batting categories letting me plan and plot to win pitching

The league is pretty tight 4 thru 9 at the moment.

The league is pretty tight 4 thru 9 at the moment.

Yeah it's crazy. I jumped up like 4 spots in a week, now playing Coeus and will likely drop right back down.

Great competition though

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah it's crazy. I jumped up like 4 spots in a week, now playing Coeus and will likely drop right back down.

Great competition though
    +1 on competition. I have gone and signed for the football aswell :)

I think we're pretty well matched this week.

You have have great starting pitching and my WHIP/ERA are already blown. Saves is the only category I'd be confident on in pitching.

You have a an edge on speed and I have a good headstart on HRs but any of the hitting categories could go either way with almost a full week to play. I'm delighted that Dan Uggla has remembered how to hit though :)

Coeus wrote: »
    +1 on competition. I have gone and signed for the football aswell :)

I think we're pretty well matched this week.

You have have great starting pitching and my WHIP/ERA are already blown. Saves is the only category I'd be confident on in pitching.

You have a an edge on speed and I have a good headstart on HRs but any of the hitting categories could go either way with almost a full week to play. I'm delighted that Dan Uggla has remembered how to hit though :)

I'm not sure I have enough pitchers to compete on K's but we'll see. Need a few SB's quickly too. Dropped Infante today for Escobar and he's hit 2 homers. :(

Fingers crossed I can get a few categories. Would take 4/10 right now.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I have enough pitchers to compete on K's but we'll see. Need a few SB's quickly too. Dropped Infante today for Escobar and he's hit 2 homers. :(

Fingers crossed I can get a few categories. Would take 4/10 right now.
    And now I see you dropped him from your team. Suprised he wasn't in your lineup as he is swinging a hot bat the last few weeks. I'm playing Daniel Murphy for that reason. Hitting 2 homers was probably a bit of a fluke as he had only hit 1 all season.

When I last looked at the stattracker last night I was 8-0 to the good but that turned round to been 6-3 in your favour by the end of play. Still plenty to play for though...

Uggla has sorted himself out big time!
    And to think, he is up to 22 HRs and on a 24 game streak yet is still only batting .212!
    Madness.

That Infante double was compelte fluke, he offers nothing other than flexibility.

Also, I agree, it is really hotting up.
    I'm getting nervous now!
    the peloton are reeling us in!

And now I see you dropped him from your team. Suprised he wasn't in your lineup as he is swinging a hot bat the last few weeks.

Had just brought in Escobar and wanted to give him a run to see what he's like. Infante has been solid but nothing special. I swapped for Barney as SS backup as he has an excellent AVG which is a category I am usually competitive in, and also more likely to get runs. My team aren't that big on HR's or RBI's right now.

Worth picking up Infante though if anyone's looking for a versatile IF. ;)

YAY!
    My name is no longer a series of numbers like - 058895500504571

Left another 2 HR's on the bench tonight. 2nd day running. :(

Also, I agree, it is really hotting up.
    I'm getting nervous now!
    the peloton are reeling us in!

Playing you this week. Funny, you are hammering me in pitching and we are dead even in batting.

The batting stats are bordering on hilarious!!
    R HR RBI SB AVG
    16 5 15 1 .255
    16 5 15 2 .250

I traded for Papelbon to increase my saves. So far this week he has 2 wins, wtf like !

• Advertisement

How can my team be batting.309 this week and i still haven't a hope of winning. I'm playing against .410 right now

The batting stats are bordering on hilarious!!
    R HR RBI SB AVG
    16 5 15 1 .255
    16 5 15 2 .250

4-5-1 in the end. Actually happy with that after a 1-9 start.

Looking at the league and it appears that the top 3 are safe for the playoffs:

1. Henry Le Cheat III - Coeus
    2. Homer's Homers - figson
    3. Albuquerque Isotopes - Smackbunnybaby

After that there are 5 of us playing for the last spot. Next weeks will be very interesting for this position.

Best of luck all.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Looking at the league and it appears that the top 3 are safe for the playoffs:

1. Henry Le Cheat III - Coeus
    2. Homer's Homers - figson
    3. Albuquerque Isotopes - Smackbunnybaby

After that there are 5 of us playing for the last spot. Next weeks will be very interesting for this position.

Best of luck all.

4th through 9th is ridiculously close aswell. 4 and half wins seperate the 6 teams :)

great match boccy23, you had me very nervous last night.
    checking live scores every minute in bed, the GF was worried for me.

you're pitching sorted itself out as the week progressed!

does our league have a trade deadline?

• Advertisement

does our league have a trade deadline?
    Yep and is as follows
    League Notes
    • The deadline to complete trades in this league is Sunday, Aug 14.

Yep and is as follows

League Notes
    • The deadline to complete trades in this league is Sunday, Aug 14.

So to get them through, the trades would have to be accepted today or tomorrow I think.

cheers guys!

this doesn't affect FA additions?

cheers guys!

this doesn't affect FA additions?

No. Waiver wire activity will remain the same.

Dan (Uggla) is the man, he is singlehandly keeping my team in this week...

• Advertisement

hard to believe his streak bumped up his average over 50 points...to .235 or something...

This week is gonna be very important for deciding the final playoff spot. Some key matchups. I've just gotten over .500 but could fall back again this week!

Slipped into the 4th spot. But it will be a real dog fight for this place.

Ugh....Blue Jays up 6-0 in the 1st against Jason Vargas. That's ERA lost for this week

Halladay got 14 K's tonight. NICE!
    Well...it was nice until I checked my team and realized I traded Halladay away ages ago and he's on the opposite side of the matchup this week :o

Well...it was nice until I checked my team and realized I traded Halladay away ages ago and he's on the opposite side of the matchup this week :o

And he still took the loss!
    They should have pulled him in the 9th..and given Madson a chance to get me a Save....

Yeah a real pity for me he didn't get enough support for the win. Cliff Lee is pitching for me tonight, he had 10 K's and a HR (not counted in fantasy) on his last start, hoping for a W to catch up.

Fighting with malachyscott for a playoff spot and my offense decides to take last night off.

7/33 Hits 3 HR 1 RBI 3 SB 1 AVG .212

Damn. In real danger now. :mad:

All the matchups very tight so far this week. Really getting exciting now especially in the middle of the table. :)

All the matchups very tight so far this week. Really getting exciting now especially in the middle of the table. :)

Exciting? It's excruciating :eek:
    I've been just about clinging to Runs, RBI,s and SB's this week but I can see you taking those too by the time all is said and done. Amazingly I've battled back to within 5 in strikeouts and I've got Pineda going tonight...so maybe if Halladay isn't on his game I could sneak that (Although I see you have a whole core of relievers ready for action :( )

• Advertisement
Advertisement