Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixed rate advice

Options
  • 15-02-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi not really clued up atol about mortgages and interest rates but i am on a variable rate mortgage just now and its 4.75%
    I have the option to fix this for 5 years at 5.5%, 7 years at 6.1% and the same for 10 years fixed..
    luckily both my wife and i work and can afford any of the options just now..
    We are not sure what one to choose because as you know PTSB has put there interest rates up there by 1% but we can still get these rates as we enquired about them before they officially made the interest change.
    just looking for a bit of advice on whether people think the rates will continue to rise and for how long..
    any advice appreciated.
    cheers

if this is in the wrong thread then could a mod please move it thanks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nb83

hi, im just wondering if they are still offering those rates to you? I was sent out a letter about it on the 3rd of Feb and sent back my letter last week and got a letter yesterday saying that I had not sent it back within the 7 day period. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deekme

well we called on wednesday 2nd and they said they didnt even know of the interest rate going up and they said they would send us a for with thew fixed rates on it for us and we had to choose one..

Anyway the letter never came and when the rates went up we called the local branch only to be told that they had pulled all there fixed rates for review.We told them about the call and they said they coulnt find it.

We kept at them telling them the call was made and that it was there somewhere so we got an itemised bill from eircom and then told them the exact day and time of the call then they found it and said we were correct and that they had to stand by it.

We got the letter monday and sent it back wednesday and they did say that they had to have it back within a week of reciept.

hope this helps..

Was it this week you sent back the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deekme

yes only sent it back on wednesday there.
    but i only got it monday after waiting on them trying to find our phonecall they said they couldnt find

im waiting for them to find the phone call saying that they would not receive faxes when in fact they actually were. 7 days is totally unrealistic when you only get the letter on day 5! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement