Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL swimming pool chlorine

• 15-02-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anyone think the chlorine might be a bit strong in the national 50m pool in UL? Maybe I'm wrong but my sinuses are in tatters any time I swim there (or at least for a few hours afterwards) even when I rinse with a sinus spray and I think it's giving me a touch of itchy skin aswell - never really noticed these problems in other pools I've used...
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Im not sure, but I went diving in that pool and you really dont want to see whats hanging around on the bottom.

If chlorine kills all that off I am all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I'm the same, get seriously blocked up after swimming there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Was swimming out there last night, have really bad sinus problems and can't say i've noticed any ill effects since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

quite strong, hit the back of my throat a bit harshly. Eyes arent too bad though, and thats always the test!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Swimming pools need to have chlorine added to kill water borne germs, bacteria and parasites - as you well know. The problem is that if you add it every day then you soon end up with concentrations approaching 90% At these levels irritation, breathing difficulties and mild animalism can ensue.

For these reasons Pool Staff rely on vast quanties of urine to dilute the chlorine to safe levels.

- I'd avoid the Pool until school mid-terms next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement