Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy Policy

Options
  • 15-02-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I am designing a website using Wordpress. I intend to allow users login and create accounts. I have heard a rumour that a privacy policy is required for this. Wordpress pops up T&C's when the user signs up, is this sufficient?

If not is there a standard Privacy Policy that web developers / designers use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

It's not "required" as such. If you are putting a payment gateway (payPal, realex) up or running yahoo ads etc then they may request you you have one.

Privacy Policies are for your users peace of mind. Google search for 'sample privacy policy' should get you started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If you are registering peoples personal details such as names and e-mails, you should have a privacy policy in place on how you will handle this data.

Technically the law applies to you once you start collecting data on any living person.

There is also an onus on you to safely store this data. So there is a lot of responsibility involved.

See www.dataprivacy.ie for more.

Advertisement