Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG that was so funny!

• 15-02-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

With all the doom and gloom of late I thought I share my experience of what happened this morning, I am still in stitches about it.

I've got a Foxhound (x?) at present with a large swelling on his left foreleg and he needed Xrays, my own vet's Xray is broken so I had to use a vet in Galway.

Arrived with Cassidy and had to wait. While I sat there with the hound, a guy comes in, dressed all in black, tattoos, skull cap and .... a Bichon pup on the lead.

"That'll be interesting." I thought to myself as he settled in opposite us. Next thing his mobile rings and although he tries to whisper, this is a small room and I heard most of it. It went something along the line of: *Yes, darling. No darling, of course not. No she is fine. Yes, I will make sure of that.*

At this point I could barely stop smirking, he hangs up, looks at the Foxhound, sighs and says:

*Do you want to swop dogs?*

I nearly fell off the chair laughing!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Ah now EGAR ya weren't profiling him in how he looked were ya lol. Am 5'11" head shaved, tattoos and prefer dark coloured cloths, and when Lex (yorkie) was alive brought him every where with me. Its funny how we preceive people when we see them first and they turn out to be the exact opposite of the mental image we have just formed, always makes me smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Of course I was as soon as I saw the Bichon I knew he wasn't happy to be out and about with a white ball of fluff. He probably has a rep to lose. :D

Good job I dont care about a rep so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Funniest thing I ever saw in the vets was a man come in with a dog named JJ... Poor JJ was a bit nervous of being at the vets and was farting a lot - the man took out a lighter to try and get rid of the fart smell!! :D:D

My grand aunt had a neighbour who called his jr terrier knickers.We used to find it so funny when she had to look after the dog,and being such a lady like woman having to go out around the yard saying here here knickers here knickers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I was asked once by an older farmer with a collie (also at vets) if the AmBull pup I had with me had *any Pit Bull in him*.

His face was a picture when I told him: *Don't know, haven't opened him up yet!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I went with my son, who was a very "cool" teenager at the time, to the vet's with my cat. I cant remember exactly what frightened my cat but, while my son was holding him, the cat literally plastered him with sh1t! Before we could leave the surgery my son had to take off his t-shirt and put on my jacket - then walk through the waiting room carrying a very satisfied looking cat:D And, for ages after, no matter where we met the vet, he would come up to my son and start sniffing him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

EGAR wrote: »
    I was asked once by an older farmer with a collie (also at vets) if the AmBull pup I had with me had *any Pit Bull in him*.

His face was a picture when I told him: *Don't know, haven't opened him up yet!" :D

:D:D:D

I was once asked by a woman in the street (after she'd sent her child over to give my dog a cuddle 'cos he was so cute:rolleyes:) if my dog liked kids?
    My reply was "yes, but he's never eaten a whole one!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Ha ha ha, reminds me of sitting in a vets waiting room with some guy who was very "macho" looking (prob similar to EGARs man in her story!) with very loud metal music coming from a set of earphones. Gets a phone call, nearly starts crying down the phone and keeps saying "she'll be ok... the vet said she'll be ok... I don't know what I'll do". Everyone was looking at each other wondering what on earth happened. Anyway, few minutes later the vet comes out with a Dobie in a full leg and hip cast that was LUMINOUS PINK and the guy in the waiting room nearly burst into tears when he saw her. Guy jumped out of his chair and in a split second was (literally) on the floor petting her and telling her that she'll be ok and that she's "such a good girl". The dog nearly lost her life shaking her bum and liking him. Very heart warming moment, think everyone in the waiting room shed a tear.

My OH is 6ft 4in, around 250lbs (but not a fatso!) with hair past his waist - what most people would call a guy you don't want to meet in an ally late at night - but he is perfectly willing to walk some very "unmanly" dogs, holds our old fart on his lap at the vets because he gets cold on the floor (rolleyes.gif) and wrap the dogs up in blankets (sometimes with very "festive" colours) before he brings them out to the car if they have been sedated or operated on. But you still wouldn't want to meet him down a dark ally at night! I find it very funny when people give him a wide berth or avoid him/eye contact with him because he's a bit scary looking. I'm 4ft 11in and it's prob me you wouldn't want to p!ss off! biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I walked into the vets waiting room with my cat, and there was an elderly lady I knew there. She yelled across the crowded waiting room 'Is your pussy still sick?':eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement