Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to stay during the Arts festival

Options
  • 15-02-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

maybe around 20th july for say 4nights.....anything above a hostel...caravan fine...2 adults 2 kids...

i ask here cause its very hard to find prices online...caravan park website has no rates on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Jurys is about 120 a night room only for 2 adults 2 kids, Carlton about 80 a night (discount for over 3 nts)

You may get deals closer to the time, but will get some discounts by booking now. A private room in a hostel can work out not much cheaper than a hotel. The advantage is you have a kitchen if you are really trying to save. Disadvantage is noise, no telly of your own etc.

Google some b and bs and ask for a deal now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Paulywalnuts

coolegrain wrote: »
    maybe around 20th july for say 4nights.....anything above a hostel...caravan fine...2 adults 2 kids...

i ask here cause its very hard to find prices online...caravan park website has no rates on it.

hi,try the imperial hotel,good rates,good atmosphere,good bar,good carvery,& right in eyre square,funzone beside supermacs for the kids.stayed there with the gf before & I remember it being quite cheap,ring & ask them about any special deals ther doing before you mention the purpose of your journey.

Best of luck.

-Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

thanks all.

one other question....wife says the funfair is on during the arts festival week....is that right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

id say you need to book now as prices will rise drastically for this time in Galway. Also bring loads of money - arts festival shows tend to be overrated and overpriced (you might pay 30- 50 euro to see an act, that will be playing in a local bar on a regular week for nothing). Just to warn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

thanks all.

one other question....wife says the funfair is on during the arts festival week....is that right ?
    I'd say so since it's always here during the summer.

B&Bs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Most places rent out sat>sat ...by the week. You may as well try for 16th to 23rd inclusive and you will be gone for the races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Paulywalnuts

thanks all.

Which funfare,salthill?..i dunno but If I was to ring anyone it would be leisueland pool in salthill & ask them,either way the seapoint leisure is open all year & beside it the aquatic centre,you'd get a day anyhow messing round ther..manys a happy childhood holiday,& the takeaway across the road from seapoint salt n pepper is savage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

try

http://www.travelodge.ie/galway-hotel?gclid=CNfhgP3njqcCFcgf4QodLDD4bw about 5mins drive outside city

http://www.maldronhotels.com/ it's about 15mins drive from city.

Salthill always has fun fair in July & August.

• Advertisement
Advertisement