Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAD Summer work needed, engineering student.

Options
  • 15-02-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi im a first year student in LIT studying mechanical engineering which includes CAD. I have been using autoCAD since 2006 and solidworks since 2008 and I am very familiar with both programs. I have started using autodesk inventor but dont yet have a huge understanding of that software.

I hope to go into the design side of things after leaving college and would like to start putting my CAD skills to practical use so I am looking for summer work in the Limerick area doing CAD. I will be finished college in the beginning of may and wont be back untill the end of september so will be available during this time, weekend work in the meantime would also be much appreciated if available.

If anyone knows of any companies in the Limerick area who use CAD that I could drop a Cv into this would also be a great help.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

i did a work placement in an eng company in Shannon which was very good. one of my roles was doing cad drawings.

you could apply there and i'd get in touch with the hr dept, or anyone, in other engineering companies in shannon. most companies will use cad to some degree and the fact you have both 2D and 3D will stand to you.

there is a bus service from limerick, or at least there used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steve_kav

CatFromHue wrote: »
    i did a work placement in an eng company in Shannon which was very good. one of my roles was doing cad drawings.

you could apply there and i'd get in touch with the hr dept, or anyone, in other engineering companies in shannon. most companies will use cad to some degree and the fact you have both 2D and 3D will stand to you.

there is a bus service from limerick, or at least there used to be.

Thank you whats the name of the company? and does the bus get there early enough for work hours?

Advertisement