Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One day offer- opinions?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Nicked from the BA forum, I'd normally do a bit of digging myself but this is time sensitive. :pac: Any opinions on the bargainosity of the offer below or the trustworthiness of the site? I'm going to be in the market for a decent gaming rig so I'd be tempted

http://www.scan.co.uk/TodayOnly/Index.aspx?_s_icmp=AkaIX3H4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Scan themselves are good.
    However, that comes without a graphics card so you'd need to buy one. Processor is very good but the motherboard has a bug where you can only avail of some of the hard drive ports.
    I wouldn't go for the PSU and it also needs windows.

I think you should start from scratch with your budget and requirements for recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Bambi wrote: »
    Nicked from the BA forum, I'd normally do a bit of digging myself but this is time sensitive. :pac: Any opinions on the bargainosity of the offer below or the trustworthiness of the site? I'm going to be in the market for a decent gaming rig so I'd be tempted

http://www.scan.co.uk/TodayOnly/Index.aspx?_s_icmp=AkaIX3H4

You'd also need another HDD, as the one they're listing is a 5400RPM variant, and would slow things down a little.

Build your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not too worried about the gfx card, have a decent vocuher left over from christmas that will take care of most of that cost. Thought the sandy bridge fault was "fairly" benign. Windows sorted, PSU would be a worry though then. I'm not winding up with another windy PSU. :mad:

Advertisement