Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lend Of An Address In Madrid?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello all,

Looking for a small favor from someone living in Madrid.

I'm moving over at the start of March. I lived in Spain for five years previously but during my move back lost all my documentation(N.I.E and social security number). I have to go through the whole process again when I arrive.

I'm basically looking for the use of an address to put on my N.I.E application. I'm not looking for empadramiento or anything like that, just the use of someones address to put on my form. The N.I.E will be picked up in person so nothing will even be posted. Its just to have an address where I know I will get any correspondence should something go wrong with my application.

I do not plan to rent anywhere until I find work hence my need for this

If you've been through the process, you'll know what I'm on about.

Anyway, if you're in Madrid and could help me with this, please let me know. I would very much appreciate it and I could treat you to a few beers one night to say thankyou. Let me know.

'ta luego

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

From what I understand of the address is that you can use your Irish address as it is your principal address. A lot of people who bought holiday properties or cars would have done this and it is no problem.

If you want to use a Madrid address then use the hotel or hostal address where you're staying. I don't think they ever use the address, they haven't for me or my girlfriend.

Either way, update the address when you get a flat organised and you should have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ceefax

1. You can't use an Irish address

2. I will be moving around, not staying in the same hostel/place. I will be staying outside of Madrid for a while too.

As I said, I know they will not use the address I put on my application, but I'd feel a little more at ease putting an address where I knew I would receive any correspondence in the event of something going wrong with the application.
    That won't happen if I put the address of a hostel.

Thanks for your suggestions King.

Advertisement