Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quickest route

Options
  • 15-02-2011 8:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭

if travelling along m6 and wanting to get to ennis whats the best way to make transition from m6 to n18. Came off at loughrea and went onto gort the last day. Is this the best way or would I be better to go further on the m6???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Assuming you were travelling westbound on the M6, I think you made the right decision the other day.

By the time you got to the far side of Loughrea on the Gort road, you would just be arriving at Oranmore if you stayed on the motorway.

And while the road between Loughrea and Gort isn't great, it will still get you to Ennis quicker than staying on the M6 and exiting at Athenry or Oranmore.

Although this will change in when (if) the N18 road between The M6 and Gort is upgraded.

I reckon you saved about 10 minutes off the journey.

Advertisement