Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildfire

• 15-02-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Mine wont leave me use wifi any idas why?

Plus that 2.2 software wouldn't download as it said it was corrupted..

Any ideas how to fix these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

try reloading the software update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Sounds obvious but make sure it's turned on in settings. If that doesn't work just do a factory reset. But, backup all your data using mybackup or Titanium backup before you do restore! I think mybackup is better, just easier to use compared to Titanium.

The 2.2 thing - well once you have WiFi that should download properly, although I would advise not to, when I had my Wildfire and updated it, it became really slow and laggy. Up to you though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xkariex

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Sounds obvious but make sure it's turned on in settings.
    It is :)
    If that doesn't work just do a factory reset. But, backup all your data using mybackup or Titanium backup before you do restore! I think mybackup is better, just easier to use compared to Titanium.

I'll try that thank you :)

The 2.2 thing - well once you have WiFi that should download properly, although I would advise not to, when I had my Wildfire and updated it, it became really slow and laggy. Up to you though. :)
    Oh im not going to bother then, hate slowness !!

xkariex wrote: »
    Oh im not going to bother then, hate slowness !!

Yeah you're best off not. That might of just been my phone though. And on 2.1 you can root your phone but I doubt you know what that is. :p

Did you get the WiFi working?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

My wildfire is fine on 2.2. Doesn't seem to run any worse than when it was on 2.1.

• Advertisement

Yeah you're best off not. That might of just been my phone though. And on 2.1 you can root your phone but I doubt you know what that is. :p

Actually i do, fair proud of myself :P

Did you get the WiFi working?

Nope might need to do the java plug in yoke..

CrazyFish wrote: »
    My wildfire is fine on 2.2. Doesn't seem to run any worse than when it was on 2.1.

I did say it might of just been my phone. ;)
    Nope might need to do the java plug in yoke..

What java plug-in thing? Does the phone detect your WiFi router?

Does the phone detect your WiFi router?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it does perfectly it says im connected but when i go on the internet is says i have to install a java plug in ..

Does the phone detect your WiFi router?

Yeah it does perfectly it says im connected but when i go on the internet is says i have to install a java plug in ..[/QUOTE]

Well then install it lol. :p If you can access the market etc. try download Dolphin Browser. :)

Yeah it does perfectly it says im connected but when i go on the internet is says i have to install a java plug in ..

Well then install it lol. :p If you can access the market etc. try download Dolphin Browser. :)[/QUOTE]

Omg!!! Seriously im such a dope, not used these fancy phones :P Thank you sooooo Much :D

• Advertisement

Omg!!! Seriously im such a dope, not used these fancy phones :P Thank you sooooo Much :D

No problem. So what fixed it in the end? :p

No problem. So what fixed it in the end? :p
    downloaded the browser :) ha ...

Advertisement