Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year Subject choices

Options
  • 15-02-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just wondering what subjects is everyone doing next year? My choices have to be in by 4th March. Im doing:
    English, Irish, Maths, French, Geography, Economics and either Biology or Physics.
    Im kinda leaning towards biology because I will prob. be dropping down to pass maths next year. And there will definetly be a Bio class, not sure about physics, and im good at rattling off definitions. And i prefer the biology teacher to the physics one.
    What are you guys going to pick? Or are you doing TY?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I am planning to do TY but not everyone gets in so I have to wait and see.

We haven't been given our choices for 5th year yet either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Compulsory Transition Year FTW! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

TY 'till I die... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

English Irish Maths French Physics Accounting Tech Graphics for me, im a maths geek :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Exoskeleton

Dropping down to Ordinary Level Maths next year is subject to what I get for the Junior Cert and if I find it tough in 5th year. I hate my current teacher so maybe my Leaving Cert Maths teacher will help me re-find my love for the subject. :o

And I'll be dropping History and keeping Geography as well as doing Physics.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

im planning on doing 4th year,buttttt, i know what subjects i wanna do :)

english (h.l), irish (h.l), maths (h.l), Biology, physics, spanish, i would love to do chemistry but i cant because my school doesnt have the proper equipment, but my teacher is qualified and offered to teach me it as an extra 8th subject :), and history :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Maths,Applied Maths, Physics,Accounting,English,Irish,German,Economics :P

I do love maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

Maths,Applied Maths, Physics,Accounting,English,Irish,German,Economics :P

I do love maths.

Just wondering why do you want to do 8 subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

Applied maths is optional in my school xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Applied maths :O Even i wouldnt do that! :pac:

• Advertisement

Im really unsure whether to do Physics or Biology? Help! I wouldnt mind either but i have to pick one. Physics class would be smaller so more attention which is a good thing? I hav the phys and bio books to look at over midterm and see which one looks more interesting...:S

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

What I wanted: Eng/irish/maths, Spanish, Accounting, History, Economics

What I'm getting: Eng/irish/maths, Spanish, geography, history and business. May do Accounting outside of school but pretty annoyed tbh

Omg Legion, i would be going mental if i didnt get 2 of my choices. Eek im kinda nervous now but my school is kinda big , about 160 in my year in 6 classes, so hopefully there will be enough people for the classes i want. Is your school small?

Advertisement