Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

word- open office

• 15-02-2011 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

i've got an email with an attachment thats microsoft word, i have openoffice. is there any way to open it. i googled the problem and not a lot of help was forthcoming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    i've got an email with an attachment thats microsoft word, i have openoffice. is there any way to open it. i googled the problem and not a lot of help was forthcoming
    You sure it won't just open? Have you tried? I never had a problem opening Word files in OpenOffice. Is it doc or docx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

It's .wps if that means anything. i've never had a problem before. i just click on an attachment and it opens in openoffice. its a problem today for some reason. i know the file is cosher cause its from my dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

.wps is a Microsoft works file which amazingly enough is not compatible with ms office unless you download a conversion tool from Microsoft.

you might find it easier to mail that person back and ask them send the file in a different format, I think they will also be able to save the file as a word 2000 file with Microsoft works.

you can download works yourself if your running windows, its free I think !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is a Microsoft Works document so no easy way to do this.

The handiest way, if there is nothing of great importance in it is to uses an online converter like zamzar.com

http://www.zamzar.com/

That or ask him to save it in Works as a .doc file and send it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Big Lar wrote: »
    .wps is a Microsoft works file which amazingly enough is not compatible with ms office unless you download a conversion tool from Microsoft.

you might find it easier to mail that person back and ask them send the file in a different format, I think they will also be able to save the file as a word 2000 file with Microsoft works.

you can download works yourself if your running windows, its free I think !
    i'll get him to send it again. thanks for the help folks

just checked on microsoft. microsoft works is $49.99 to buy officially. has billy not got enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement