Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diners Club card

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Seems I'm able to answer most of my question myself, apologies!

Found this on the application form:

I understand that the annual subscription fee is currently €48 (plus €30 Government Tax) and that this, together with the additional cost (€20 plus €30 Government Tax) for each Supplementary Card will be included in my statements.

Nothing mentioned about qualifying criteria though... is there any?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Before you get one, take a look on the doors & windows of shops, restaurants and filling stations and see if you can see the Diners logo, I think you'll get your answer there.

I once worked for a US multinational, they rolled out Diners cards worldwide to all their employees, we spent the next six months persuading all the local pubs and restaurants to sign up for Diners which they did reluctantly. In this part of the world nobody outside of upmarket hotels and restaurants takes them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Thanks for the info. It does have a rep of hardly anyone accepting them it seems (like Discover for example).

Might be worth looking at an AMEX card instead then? Using it in Ireland doesn't fuss me too much, I wanted it more for use abroad (working away etc). Heck maybe even an AMEX Basic or Green card is the way forward for that?

Forgive me if I am wrong but I believe that Diners Club also has the Mastercard logo on the back of it? In which case perhaps I've answered my own question about getting one when I already have a Mastercard... :o

Advertisement