If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 3D TV

Options
  • 15-02-2011 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi there i am looking for a 3D tv in cant be any bigger then 42 inch due to not having the space

Looking mustly at a samsung

Was in DiD at the weakend who had a panasonic 42 inch plasma with 2 pair of glasses for 820 euros

#so if you can get back to me soon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Samapple789

I can offer you the Philips 40PFL8605H
    Our smallest 3D Read LED TV

Here's the spec -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/40pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This is a fantastic TV and produces a wonderful image - if you call into the Shop I can happily demo this TV for you.

Its recently been reduced to €1299.99 from €1499.99

What type of budget did you have in mind?

Try the lads in Richer Sounds Belfast - they carry the Samsung and Panasonic ranges so should be able to ghive you a few more options.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I am more into a Samsung and Panasonic then the Philips

I have a 26 inch Samsung S4 that's 4 years old now and paid 749 for that so I am happy to get a new Samsung

I think a LED is a bit rich for me

More so looking for a LCD or a Plasma that is max 42 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

deleted

Still looking guys or i will go get the tv in DID

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I am more into a Samsung and Panasonic then the Philips

I have a 26 inch Samsung S4 that's 4 years old now and paid 749 for that so I am happy to get a new Samsung

I think a LED is a bit rich for me

More so looking for a LCD or a Plasma that is max 42 inch

Sam,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have been a bit mental for the last few days - apologies again we are trying to catch up at the moment :o

How about a brand spanking new 42LX6900 at just £699.95 - it's a nice set & LED to boot! (it;s €1279/€849.99 in a famous large chain in the ROI at the moment!)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/...00/lg-42lx6900

If your heart is set on a Sammy we can do the 40C8000 at £999.95 / €1199.99 as well:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/samsung/ue40c8000/sams-ue40c8000

Give us a shout if this is of interest and we will do our best to get you sorted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

More so looking for the cheapest 3D tv you have

Also how many pairs of 3d glass will the lg come with ?

More looking for a samsung then a lg never had a LG so i dont have a clue what there like

More so looking for the cheapest 3D tv you have

Also how many pairs of 3d glass will the lg come with ?

More looking for a samsung then a lg never had a LG so i dont have a clue what there like

Cheapest Sammy we have at the moment is actually the LE46C750 at £839.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/samsung/le46c750/sams-le46c750

We did have the 40" version at £649.96 but that is now a finished line.

That LG is actually an excellent TV (to the extent that our Assistant manager has just bought his mum a 47" one(yes he is a crawler I know))

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Cheapest Sammy we have at the moment is actually the LE46C750 at £839.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/3d-tv/samsung/le46c750/sams-le46c750

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

I'm interested in this TV. I've sent you a PM in relation to it. Thanks, Justin.

So guys are you looking to sell me a TV then because tommarow i am going to town to go buy a tv from currys or DID because there more willing to sell me a TV then richersounds

So guys are you looking to sell me a TV then because tommarow i am going to town to go buy a tv from currys or DID because there more willing to sell me a TV then richersounds

Dear Sam,

you sent me 7 PM's yesterday about the Samsung 40C750 asking me to supply you one at a better price than the published price of £649.95 - offering me £580.

On my 6 replies to you I posted that the 40C750 is now a finished line for us and unfortunately I cannot get any more at the moment - at ANY price - I also posted this in direct reponse to your query yesterday at 16.01 in this thread and gave you some other options.

I note that you posted on the Currys forum yesterday and thay have not yet replied to you (to be fair to them they are probably busy & I know Declan is away at the moment) However - I would LOVE to sell you a TV but I cannot sell you a model that I don't have and I honestly cannot do more than reply 6 times to you via PM to tell you this ( I'll copy your PM's here if you like?) and for you to suggest that we are not trying to help you when we have replied every time to you is a little unfair - if you are looking for a Sammy 40C750 and if Currys/DID have one at £580 I would suggest you grab it with both hands! As per my posts the only C750 we have is the 46" or we have the 42LX6900 at £699.95.

As ever keep me posted if we can assist and apologies if we have annoyed you or if you feel we have offered you poor service.

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

JustMac wrote: »
    I'm interested in this TV. I've sent you a PM in relation to it. Thanks, Justin.

Thanks Justin,

I'll get back to you this after!

ATB,

J

Dear Sam,

you sent me 7 PM's yesterday about the Samsung 40C750 asking me to supply you one at a better price than the published price of £649.95 - offering me £580.

On my 6 replies to you I posted that the 40C750 is now a finished line for us and unfortunately I cannot get any more at the moment - at ANY price - I also posted this in direct reponse to your query yesterday at 16.01 in this thread and gave you some other options.

I note that you posted on the Currys forum yesterday and thay have not yet replied to you (to be fair to them they are probably busy & I know Declan is away at the moment) However - I would LOVE to sell you a TV but I cannot sell you a model that I don't have and I honestly cannot do more than reply 6 times to you via PM to tell you this ( I'll copy your PM's here if you like?) and for you to suggest that we are not trying to help you when we have replied every time to you is a little unfair - if you are looking for a Sammy 40C750 and if Currys/DID have one at £580 I would suggest you grab it with both hands! As per my posts the only C750 we have is the 46" or we have the 42LX6900 at £699.95.

As ever keep me posted if we can assist and apologies if we have annoyed you or if you feel we have offered you poor service.

John Mc & Crew

John what are you on about i offered you 580 for 650 TV which to me ist a bad offer if you where going to go up a bit i was going to buy the tv of you but now you have lost a sale on this

DID are haveing a extra 11% of this weakend and they have the samsung 40C750 for 850 euro but take away 11 % from that you get 756.50 which is a great deal

HN have also but they are easier to deal with then yous for sure and they will give a discount a got my last tv there then one of have in my sittting room for a samsung S7 when they just added on USB to it with 100 HTZ for 900 euro cash a year and 1/2 ago

Can i say your very rude in the way your trying to sell a TV to me i am a manager in my workplace and if i customer who is looking for a bit extra of 100 euro bottle wine i will give it to him for 90 euro no quotations asked
    That bottle of wine is only costing me 36.56 With VAT per bottle so as long as i sell it more then 72 euros me and my boss are happy because of the 100% mark up on it

Or if i buy 5 bottles of wine will you give me one free eg i sell it at 20 euro each so that will be 100 euro for 5 bottles and cost to me is 28 euro with VRT paid for so it still make about 300 % mark up on it

SO John i think you need to deal with people a lot better they Think i am missing with a offer it not that hard to come back to me and say i will give it to you for this and we will work of that or give a extra pair of glasses with the tv or free P and P and Tv have gotting a lot cheaper then here lately then you think

Also i am free to buy my TV from currys if i like. I got my laptop there and they say no discounts but i got over 100 euro of my laptop there best 1000 euro spent and they where more willing to give me money of a laptop that had 200 euros of it in the 1st place

John what are you on about i offered you 580 for 650 TV which to me ist a bad offer if you where going to go up a bit i was going to buy the tv of you but now you have lost a sale on this

Amazingly I have never had a real public dispute with a Boardie - until now - yes you did offer me £580 for a TV and your offer was appreciated - but as I keep repeating to you I CANNOT GET THAT MODEL OF TV AS ITS NOW A FINISHED LINE FOR US

Can i say your very rude in the way your trying to sell a TV to me.....

Please see above - and the 6 PM's I sent you yesterday and the post on this thread yesterday at 16.01 - I'm not trying to sell you this TV - I cannot sell you this TV - again would you like me to publish the PM's from yesterday - and my replies which in a really polite manner makes this clear..

...... i am a manager in my workplace and if i customer who is looking for a bit extra of 100 euro bottle wine i will give it to him for 90 euro no quotations asked
    That bottle of wine is only costing me 36.56 With VAT per bottle so as long as i sell it more then 72 euros me and my boss are happy because of the 100% mark up on it

Or if i buy 5 bottles of wine will you give me one free eg i sell it at 20 euro each so that will be 100 euro for 5 bottles and cost to me is 28 euro with VRT paid for so it still make about 300 % mark up on it

Unfortunately we don't sell wine and whilst I appreciate that you cannot know the ins and outs of our industry - take it from me we cannot offer that level of discount.

SO John i think you need to deal with people a lot better they Think i am missing with a offer it not that hard to come back to me and say i will give it to you for this and we will work of that or give a extra pair of glasses with the tv or free P and P and Tv have gotting a lot cheaper then here lately then you think

I am lost as to what the above actually means - but I do know what the going price on most TV's in the ROI is...
    Also i am free to buy my TV from currys if i like. I got my laptop there and they say no discounts but i got over 100 euro of my laptop there best 1000 euro spent and they where more willing to give me money of a laptop that had 200 euros of it in the 1st place

Excellent, as per my earlier post - if they have the Samsung 40C750 instock and you can get it at £580 grab it - it's an excellent TV and a great offer.

Just so as we are clear:

1. I would love to sell you a 40C750, but

2. I cannot get it any more as it is now a finished line for us.

This saga has gone on for so long that I'm starting to think it's a wind up - however you are implying that we are rude and offering poor service whereas in your case the opposite has been true - so please can you accept that, it's not personal - I just don't have the TV in stock?

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭conacur

OP to be fair John has been nothing but polite to you in his posts & extremely professional may I add. I would have no problem dealing with richersounds in future considering the amount of help & support they provide & this thread only reinforces that belief.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@samapple789,

It is clear from your posts on the forum and from Richersound's response that they are unable to meet your needs as a customer at this time.

Perhaps it would be more satisfactory for you if you were able to make enquiries elsewhere.

@All Boardies,

This thread is evidence, if such were needed, that not all customers needs and requirements are capable of being met. However, I think that a reading of the posts on this thread will lead people to draw their own conclusions about the high customer service standards to which John and the RS Team, as well as Ash and the Philips Shop aspire to and regularly deliver to Boardies through this forum.

This thread is now closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.