Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this house really worth? IYHO

Options
  • 15-02-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Firstly im in no rush to buy & will probably wait (on the advice of people in the know until next year or two when houses will keep dropping) to buy but this house took my fancy and i had a look at it....

The new Times price list released last week put this 3 & a 1/2 bedroom (ive seen upstairs one room you could not fit a bed in) semi d house at €400,000....and predicts it at €380,000 in 2012 for the area and size of it.

Now like most of you i was very excited when i saw the pictures but the camera man has done a great job as the excitment was not near as high when i visited the house. The down stairs is nice, big hallway but kitchen a little small but room to build outside as big enough straight back garden.

The upstairs was the real let down (is why no photos of it) but i reckon with a bit of spend and a few small adjustments it could be nice. Only one toilet upstairs and needs new shower etc.

It would need guessing around 20,000 in refurbishments upstairs and parts of downstairs etc.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=549426

Does anyone know this area?

p.s yes i know the pictures look great but its not what you think & the house needs new plumbing as radiators are very old and the BER is very low

Thanks a mil in advance for anyone who has a honest opion on what they see or might know of the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Firstly im in no rush to buy & will probably wait (on the advice of people in the know until next year or two when houses will keep dropping) to buy but this house took my fancy and i had a look at it....

The new Times price list released last week put this 3 & a 1/2 bedroom (ive seen upstairs one room you could not fit a bed in) semi d house at €400,000....and predicts it at €380,000 in 2012 for the area and size of it.

Now like most of you i was very excited when i saw the pictures but the camera man has done a great job as the excitment was not near as high when i visited the house. The down stairs is nice, big hallway but kitchen a little small but room to build outside as big enough straight back garden.

The upstairs was the real let down (is why no photos of it) but i reckon with a bit of spend and a few small adjustments it could be nice. Only one toilet upstairs and needs new shower etc.

It would need guessing around 20,000 in refurbishments upstairs and parts of downstairs etc.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=549426

Does anyone know this area?

p.s yes i know the pictures look great but its not what you think & the house needs new plumbing as radiators are very old and the BER is very low

Thanks a mil in advance for anyone who has a honest opion on what they see or might know of the house.

Can't say as Daft is down at the moment.

Advertisement