Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit

Options
  • 15-02-2011 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hi guys

with my letting agent almost 4 years ,(same house) my lease was up in dec, i never renewed, im giving them 2 weeks notice can they keep my deposit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

If you didnt renew your Fixed Term Lease, then you default back to a month to month periodic tenancy. As you have been in the house more than three years (but less than 4) you need to give 56 days notice.

If youre only giving 14, the landlord is entitled to deduct the remaining 42 days from your deposit.

Im guessing the deposit was only equal to 1 months rent, therefore, I would be pretty sure that the landlord would withhold your deposit at minimum.

Having said that, it really is at his discretion whether he keeps it or not.

Advertisement