Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applications

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

This is a bit of a long shot boys and girls, I have been out of the designing business for around 2 years now, But I have just got my hunger back to get back into it and do a bit of freelancing just to earn a little bit but the applications I have is a little bit out of date, Quark 4, Photoshop 6, Illustrator 8, Suitcase 9 and I have no Indesign at all and I only have these as I copied them from my previous job so it's not as if I can update, Im just wondering is there any place I can get more up to date versions for a decent price, The thought of going out to buy these apps for 100's is a real put off I just dont have the cash for that type of thing at the minute, Or maybe a few formites can throw a few ideas my way that I cant think off, Help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You are asking for illegal software. I know some people will not agree with me, but if you are going to do business, do it legally. You could not go into PC World and steal a computer, why should you steal software?

Why should the guys who have gone to the expense of setting themselves up properly be undercut by people who want to earn a few bob but don't want to make the investment.

Anyway, at a push you could do the kind of small jobs you are talking about on the software you have. Maybe it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but you are only doing casual stuff, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Thanks for the reply but as I said cant afford to splash out 100's for software without any guarantee of work in the pipeline, So I need to cut a few corners to get ahead, Im doing a few bits and pieces with the software I have but its holding me back a little, I was just seeing if I cld get the software a little cheaper than forking out 100's

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement