Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Pauls, Monasterevin, and the election.

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭

Its really angered me with regard to the plight of this school. In a few years time this school will not be able to take all the students that it should due to space restrictions, ie it will only be able to take in the same number of students that leave the previous year. This school also takes students from surrounding towns as it is the nearest secondary school to them.

This school was promised a new facility in 2008. Nothing has happened since.

If you are from one of these towns then vote wisely, for your childrens sake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

This a well-timed post ebbsy. I invited the Board of Management of St Paul's to make a presentation to the Council area committee in January, and on foot of that there will be a public meeting in the school tonight at 7.30. The local reps and election candidates have all been invited, so there's a good chance for the community to get some commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hi there,

Well done on that meeting , hope it went well.

I also emailed Martin Heydon on the subject and to be fair while he did not promise anything he did reply saying he was very aware of the issue and would bring it to a high level in FG.

At the end of the day a change of TDS in Kildare South can only help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I think it went very well. Everyone spoke in favour of the need to get a new school, and I'm sure the other councillors and myself will hold them to it when the election is out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fair play.

Advertisement