Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom wired and wireles??

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi, just wondering could anybody help me - i want to set up my internet connection so that I can use a wired connection for a PC but also a wireless connection for a laptop. I have an eircom netopia router.
    Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,154 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You just need to plug the cat 5 cable that came in the eircom router box into the back of your pc and the router. Connect the laptop over the wifi, the network key is on the bottom of the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 left winger

Sorry, probably should have expanded a bit. Have the pc wired connection working fine but can't seem to connect the laptop to the wireless connection. Have got as far as being prompted for the security key but when I enter the key it does not connect.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

on the PC which is connected to the router, in internet explorer or whatever browser you are using enter http://192.168.1.254 in address bar

This should open the settings page for your router.

In settings turn on wireless, under the wireless settings you will also be able to see the Security Key required.

Advertisement