Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st pregnancy

Options
  • 15-02-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all, Im 6 weeks pregnant, first time, and apart from sore boobs I have no symptoms at all. No nausea, no strong sense of smell nothing. Is this normal?? Has anyone else experienced this? Im hoping everything is fine and Im just lucky!
    Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations!

Its quite normal not to have many symptoms at this early stage. Most symptoms don't kick in til 7+ weeks, and many women (the lucky ones!) don't have any symptoms at all!

Keep taking your folic acid, eat well, rest well and enjoy feeling well! If you haven't already done so, ditch the underwired bras and get some well fitted non wired ones. You'll probably want to get measured as I'm sure the ladies are getting bigger. There are alot of changs happening in your boobs right now to preare for feeding your baby and the underwires in bras can be a problem.

Don't worry about anything being wrong until you have symptoms that would suggest something is wrong (bleeding and severe cramping). Lack of symptoms does not mean that there is anything wrong with your pregnancy. Try and relax and enjoy the journey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Congratulations, as crazy cat lady said lack of symptoms isn't something to be worried about.

I'm nearing the end of week 35, baby is healthy and well, and the only "symptoms" I experienced early on were exhaustion and heightened sense of smell. Everyone is different, and every pregnancy can be different. My sister was very sick on her first, is very sick again on her third, but was perfectly ok with the second. And the first and second were both girls.

Relax, get as much rest as you can, take your folic acid, eat healthily (and be glad that you can, many women end up on a diet of tea and toast because of the sickness) and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 polly_wolly

Thanks very much ladies, that puts my mind at ease a bit! Just feels weird to feel completely normal keep expecting to be sick or exhausted! Scan is not for another 3 weeks, so just wanted some feedback from people who have been there!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

I know exactly how you feel, I am 21wks now and have hardly had any symptoms at all......sore boobs and tiredness were main ones in the first trimester. Count yourself very lucky, I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Definitely count your blessings if you've very few symptoms. That could change tomorrow and you could find yourself running to the loo every 5 mins.

Having said that I understand 100% when it's your first pregnancy that you want symptoms as they prove that you're really pregnant. At the early stages all the changes are internal.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Hi polly wolly!!

Congrats on your pregnancy firstly! :)

I'm 12 weeks this week, and it's only since about week 8 that I had any symptoms at all- and even that was only tiredness and an overnight increase in cup size in my bras! (which has happened before when I wasn't pregnant!)
    Since then-
    I'm hungrier on and off, but not much more than I was beforehand!
    I've been queasy the odd day, but nothing major, and only this week I've been starting to feel my tummy muscles stretching and pinching a bit (the jeans are getting tight now already :rolleyes:), and getting a kinda of taste in my mouth.
    If I didn't know I was pregnant, I wouldn't really suspect that I was!

It's funny- I think most of the symptoms I'm getting must be psychosomatic- I never realised all the different things that could happen, and a lot of the ones I've had, except for the bigger boobs and tiredness, have only happened after someone has told me they had them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Congratulations

I am at 7 weeks, for the past few weeks I have had sore boobs but in the last 2 days I have had a feeling of motion sickness only last until about 11am each morning. My sister in law recently had a little boy and sailed through the pregnancy without any real symptoms

Thanks so much for the replies, I feel a lot more relaxed, I suppose you hear stories of so many of the bad symptoms that it's almost expected!
    Can't wait now to have the scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Hi Polly, I too am about 6 weeks pregnant and to be honest I havent really experienced any pregnancy symptoms (it does make you worried). My breasts were a little sore a couple of days ago but they seem fine now, maybe a little tender to the touch (but half of me thinks its all in my mind). I keep wishing for pregnancy symptoms as although the pregnancy test is positive I still dont feel 100% pregnant, I had an ectopic and miscarriage previously so maybe that is why I am not feeling so pregnant.
    I have a scan on Monday so maybe after that I will feel pregnant :confused:

Well I had a bit of a scare last night, had a light bleed. Panicked when I saw it. My GP advised me to go for a scan in A & E, hard to see anything cos it's so early but could just about make it out. All seems to be ok. Fingers crossed for no more bleeding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Try not worry too much about the bleeding, I had a pretty heavy bleed at 7 wks and basically bled on and off for the whole of my first trimester, i am 22 wks now and so far so good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm going unreg until we tell everyone, because some people on Boards know who I am.

I'm 5weeks, 4days. I have sore boobs, bloating & wind in the evenings and on & off period like cramps. This morning I woke at 7 with quite bad pains (typical to happen on a Saturday when I was looking forward to a lie-on). Felt nauseous too, but thankfully wasn't sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sparticus78

Polly Wolly I am due my first this week and have had a fair easy pregnancy - no morning sickness, no tirdness, smells never affected me, was never put off food or craving food, no swollen feet/hands. Only had tenderness in my chest at start but nothing too severe. Few of my friends etc pregnant around same time and were not as fortunate so I really count myself lucky!!! They all keep telling me that I will have a horrid labor as a result or a really noisy and troublesome baby but I just reckon they are winding me up !!! :eek: Best of luck with it all and enjoy, it really goes so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm going unreg until we tell everyone, because some people on Boards know who I am.

I'm 5weeks, 4days. I have sore boobs, bloating & wind in the evenings and on & off period like cramps. This morning I woke at 7 with quite bad pains (typical to happen on a Saturday when I was looking forward to a lie-on). Felt nauseous too, but thankfully wasn't sick.

Aghhh I hate when the regulars go anon! haha

Good luck! I hated feeling nauseous on the girls, plus it was also the first indication to the mother in law at Sunday dinner when I could never finish a dinner when I always did!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

congrats Polly

I just found out I am pregnant too, well two positive tests on sunday!! :) going to the doc this evening. I am really excited but so nervous too. I am just really tired at the moment and my boobs have gotten bigger already and are quite tender. I really hope it stays like that but who knows eh- the symptoms and not the boobs ha ha!

I think I am 6 weeks and 5 days...... we had been trying for 6 months...it still feels a bit unreal.

What will the doctor do this evening or will she do anything? Some people are telling me she will do nothing and I am not sure what to expect.

thanks
    ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Different doctors will do different things. Some will do a pregnancy test, some will just take your word for it. He/She might take blood pressure and ask about how you're feeling, check you're taking folic acid etc. Then he/she should give you advice about ante-natal care options: You'll need to decide between private and public care, if you live in Dublin which hospital, if you want midwife led or consultant led care etc. The GP will know all the options open to you.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ash_18x

Thanks for your reply honeymonster. I feel at ease already, I just didnt know what to expect.

I donated blood last thursday not knowing I was pregnant so I am a bit worried about that, however I will tell the doc this evening and see what she says.

Sometimes you shouldnt be allowed to google things!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

lol, yes google is both your best friend and worst enemy through pregnancy. Exciting times ahead for you. Enjoy it as much as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Southern girl

Hi girls, i am 9 weeks pregnant and showing already! is anyone else showing this early?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My friend was like that, from 8 weeks she had a bump! :)

Everyone's different. Congrats and best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement