Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

its gas, well nearly

• 15-02-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

i have a small problem i was trying to boil the kettle over the weekend so pushed in the control button on the gas ring lit the gas all going well so far, held it in for the required 30sec or so let the button go and out gos the gas,tried it a few more time lit with the button held in but as soon as i let it go it gos out the other 2 rings are working fine so got the tea ok,the jets are spotless
    any ideas for a fix appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

shouldn't take 30 secs ... 5-10 should do .
    Sounds like a thermocouple problem tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    shouldn't take 30 secs ... 5-10 should do .
    Sounds like a thermocouple problem tbh .

ya 5/10 would be more the norm ok,right a thermocouple where do i find that whats the fix does it have to be replaced ?

it's the little needle like thingummy that is to one side of the burner , it looks like a sparker . It might just need to moved a bit closer , orfurther away , or the connection where it goes onto the gas valve might be dodgey . These generate miniscule amounts of current , when heated , which energises a small solenoid valve , thats what keeps the gas flowing. So a bad connection or leak to earth makes them act up.

ah the thingummy i see now ;),will give it a tweak over the weekend thanks

yep , I do like to use these high-faluting technical terms... lol

• Advertisement

gave this a tweak but still no luck,tried to move it in and out and gave it a bit of a clean but still would not stay alight,im not that keen on messing to much with gas are theses hard to replace ?

Advertisement