Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landing fish on 7m Telescopic pole?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

It depends, I assume its a whip, rather than a pole?

Does it already have an attachment on the tip for attaching line, and if it does, is there elastic attached to that which runs down inside the pole?

Best to go on YouTube, and watch some of the tutorials on telescopic pole fishing:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=telescopic+pole+fishng&meta=

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dave_dth wrote: »
    It was cheap and i was bored

lol

In fairness, €12 for a 7m Shakespeare pole is incredible ! - as Nog says, plenty of youtube videos & Angling Times ran a feature recently on pole rigs etc, may still be on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dave_dth

Thanks for the advice lads, just saw the wip for first time today!! it doesn't have an elastic it just has an eye on the top to attach rigs.
    I was thinking i might attach an elactic?

If the rig i have attached is going to be 7m roughly aswell, set at a dept of about 2m i ll have to hold the wip about 5m in the air jesus i ll have to start doin some weights to hold that i the air for a while!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If the depth setting is 2m, then the rig will only be 2.5 to 3m - I think that pole is telescopic ? if so just slide the pole into itself to reduce the length when working on the rig......

Advertisement