Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange photo.. opinions please

Options
  • 15-02-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I would like your opinion on this photo.. I was taking photos randomly with my IPHONE about a year ago, i was in the passenger seat of a car and I was taking the photos evening dusk time..the photos are of a bridge.I captured what looks like a man standing by the side of the road on the right hand side ( there was definitely nobody standing there when i took the photo ) where the man appears to be standing a post is

I was so intrigued by the photo that i went back a month later to take a photo at similar time of evening/ conditions etc etc
    It could be pareidolia..but its VERY compelling.. the canal that the bridge goes over does have a very tragic history!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

It really does look like a standing man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I can see something there alright. I sense from the picture something tragic happened there. Maybe involving children?
    It was a long time ago. 50 or 60 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

I can see something there alright. I sense from the picture something tragic happened there. Maybe involving children?
    It was a long time ago. 50 or 60 years ago?

Hi fuzzy clam

do you know where that picture was taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It looks like a concrete pillar and its not pareidolia, its a concrete post holding up a fence.

It looks like a concrete pillar and its not pareidolia, its a concrete post holding up a fence.

There is a post there definitly.. I actaully have photos I took their a month later and I took a photo again in similar conditions evening time etc etc.. I will post them up in the same sequence, original photo.. and cropped "contrasted" version and there is a big difference.. in these set set of pics I can only see a post.. in the first set I put up in my original post to me it looks like the outline of a person...

• Advertisement

rainyrun wrote: »
    Hi fuzzy clam

do you know where that picture was taken?

I admit I have an idea. I don't recall the name of the area but is there a small carpark on the right just before the point where you took the picture?

TBH, I only see a post too.

btw, you have a lovely dog.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

its a pillar barb wire and and the background (ive had a iphone the camera isnt the best)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

It looks like a man if the man in question is made from wood and cracks nuts for a living.

thanks for your comments.. that last comment made me laugh. It is strange..bui I agree the surroundings do give the post the shape of a person wearing a hat.

Fuzzy Clam...
    I admit I have an idea. I don't recall the name of the area but is there a small carpark on the right just before the point where you took the picture?

TBH, I only see a post too.

btw, you have a lovely dog.

You do know where the area is ;) I didnt really want to put any details of where the area was mainly out of respect to relatives that are still living near the area..

As it happens I have two dogs!!:D

are you a local to that area?
    I am, but I have since moved away.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It doesnt look like a person to me, it looks like a fence post. With barbed wire attached. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Oryx wrote: »
    It doesnt look like a person to me, it looks like a fence post. With barbed wire attached. :confused:
    +1. It's a fence post. There's a lighter bit near the top that makes it look like a face, but it's a wooden post. I've been squinting at it for 10 minutes and I can't make it turn into a person.

I removed the photos in case the area gets identified.. sorry about that ..

thanks for all your comments :)

I removed the photos in case the area gets identified.. sorry about that ..

thanks for all your comments :)
    A bit late!:D
    I've only been there once, as part of a pastime of mine that involves GPS. It's a bit off the beaten track so I don't think you need worry.
    I doubt if i could find the place again anyway.

no problem.. amazing you recognised it..its definitely way off the beaten track!!
    do you go around in the google car then? :)

no problem.. amazing you recognised it..its definitely way off the beaten track!!
    do you go around in the google car then? :)
    No. Not the Google Car.
    Geocaching.

http://www.geocaching.com/

It's a bit of fun. Take a look.

There was a cache that took me to that bridge. That cache is no longer there but there are others near there.

wow.. just had a look at the video!! thats really cool..I never heard of Geo caching before!! that looks like great fun :) must take you all over the country!
    bet the locals dont know there is hidden treasure in their locality:D

thanks for sharing.. might just give the geo caching a go, though my sat navis seriously out of date!! could end up stuck down a narrow bog road!! :eek:

It is fun.
    The Irish site is here
    http://www.geocachingireland.com/

Advertisement