Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics exam?!

• 15-02-2011 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hey people!
    I'm doing economics as a subject and I love it so much! However, I feel that in tests my teacher marks us quite easy and the notes she is giving us might be a little dodgy. She usually teaches from exam marking schemes and avoids the book (we used it only for micro.)

Do your teachers do the same stuff? + my teacher says that we don't need to write loads in the exam... But I feel that if I want to get and A1 I gotta write more than two lines... :/ I'm so cinfused. HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

AgathaK wrote: »
    Hey people!
    I'm doing economics as a subject and I love it so much! However, I feel that in tests my teacher marks us quite easy and the notes she is giving us micht be a little dodgy. She usually teaches from exam marking schemes and avoids the book (we used it only for micro.)

Do your teachers do the same stuff? + my teacher says that we don't need to write loads in the exam... But I feel that if I want to get and A1 I gotta write more than two lines... :/ I'm so cinfused. HELP!

Well firstly it's confused.
    Secondly, I can't help you, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

BOHtox wrote: »
    Well firstly it's confused.
    Secondly, I can't help you, sorry!
    If you're only going to post to be a grammar / spelling Nazi, don't post at all, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Hey people!
    I'm doing economics as a subject and I love it so much! However, I feel that in tests my teacher marks us quite easy and the notes she is giving us might be a little dodgy. She usually teaches from exam marking schemes and avoids the book (we used it only for micro.)

Hey! I'm in 5th year and do Economics outside of school! Love it a lot aswell such a nice subject. Anyway back to the question at hand, if your teacher is marking all your tests/homework etc out of the marking scheme that is the exact way it should be done in order to achieve the A1 grade.. Keep working off the marking scheme and exam papers..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

Thanks. :)

But then I sometimes think... That if we're supposed to work from marking schemes, that are so short, how come there's not that many people that achieve high grades in this subject... It's indeed a bit strange! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Thanks. :)

But then I sometimes think... That if we're supposed to work from marking schemes, that are so short, how come there's not that many people that achieve high grades in this subject... It's indeed a bit strange! :(

Economics is a very precise subject, I was decent at it, but didn't put the effort in to learn everything. Stuck to things i was good at and I'd say a few people do too. Got a b3 in the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement